Disaster monitoring map of the world

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steerforth, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Steerforth

Steerforth Tele-Afflicted

We're all doomed as doomed can be as Edward Mayhoff "Ed" Grimley would assure us, and I therefore wanted to share one of my favorite websites with you.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

That's the real-time disaster monitoring interactive map of the entire world. From Earth-approaching objects to super volcanoes, from earthquakes and tsunamis to epidemics and HAZMAT spills, this site has it all! Plus, it's updated every five minutes, so you won't miss out on your imminent doom.

Just click on a map icon and for detailed specifics, you can then click "Description" at the top of the Event Summary page that opens. Or, you can just scan down the front page by category and check on things. I see that we have some activity with a super volcano on New Zealand's north island today. And there's an epidemic of hand, foot, and mouth disease underway up in West Virginia. If those particular events don't interest you, there's something for everybody, just keep looking.

I figure this should cheer everyone up. Look at it this way; you're still alive, even with all this stuff going on in the world! Enjoy! :D

Stubee, Artslap, RLee77 and 1 other person like this.
  2. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

LOL... wonderful

3. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

soulman969 and Frank'n'censed like this.
  4. chemobrainkid

chemobrainkid Tele-Meister

I heard about the ozone and ocean and the air and the number of species that become extinct every day, , and the nuclear polution

5. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

How wonderful it is to see in stunning color just how effed we all are. Woohoo!

6. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

Nobody gets out alive. As the famous philosopher, Roseanne Roseannadanna said, "It just goes to show ya, if it ain't one thing, it's another". :eek:

7. chemobrainkid

chemobrainkid Tele-Meister

I heard about the ozone and ocean and the air and the number of species that become extinct every day, and the nuclear polution and how through the abuse of antibiotics we have developed super resistant species of germs , that we have no defense against and the list goes on and on and on
    however I 'm way ahead of the game, = cancer patient treated with heavy side affect , no sweat , the glass is full, and I don't have to worry about "how much time" in that the future looks real rosey from here , for me at least when the **** really hits the fan, I will be well on my way , heading back down the trail to the basics of carbon cycle.

8. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Life is just a blissful bowl of cherries here in good ol' Pennsyltucky. You doomsayers need a little chillin', that's all.:D

9. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm one of those who:

Didn't want the ultra sound tech to tell me the gender of the future kid.

Instead of becoming one of those doomsday preppers I bought two really good bullets for my wife and me. I'm going to tell her about em' someday...unless doom impends prior to that time.

Practiced getting my seat belt off in case the plane I'm riding in has engine or equipment failure. What a great opportunity to experience weightlessness...at least for a few minutes.

That website seems really useless to guys like me...

10. Darkness

Darkness Tele-Afflicted

Technically, the cosmos is doomed too. The good news is that it'll take a while, several billion years, for the end of our non-eternal universe to come. No legacies left. All 'achievements' were futile and false. No one left to recognize them for validation. Nothing goes back to null. The end.

Have a good day!!

11. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Friend of Leo's

Well, if a grocery store has to remind you(or themselves), with a great big sign, that what they sell really IS food.............:D

I once saw cheese slices labeled as "processed cheese food". Processed Cheese would be enough. If you have to put the word "food" on a package of food to tell me that, technically, I CAN eat it, I probably SHOULDN'T eat it...........

Steerforth likes this.
  12. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

I ain't skeerd.

13. Steerforth

Which leads us to the question, "What percentage of cheese and what percentage of whiz are actually in Cheez Whiz?"

14. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Friend of Leo's

It's mostly whiz. But don't ask whose............

src9000 and Steerforth like this.
  15. Steerforth

Indeed, some things are best left mysteries. :lol:

16. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't have children, so as long as everything lasts another 30 years or so, I'm okay. The rest of you youngsters are on your own.

Darkness likes this.
  17. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Sort of disappointed. Everywhere else has major disasters and all we have in Oz is a measles outbreak in Darwin.

18. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Nice website. Yup, I made a decision to get out of the way 20 years ago. I'm ready, let 'er rip.:cool:

I was disappointed that the 2000 New Years Eve computer issue didn't create havoc.:D

The world economy keeps surviving on the pyramid scheme. Gotta end someday I'm thinkin'.

In reality though, I think we need an asteroid to put us out of our misery and push the reset button.:twisted:

MuddyDitch and dented like this.
  19. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

I wasn't. I was the y2k coordinator for a $72B company and I blew it off because I didn't expect anything to happen.

I got a plaque.

20. Racer5

Racer5 Tele-Afflicted

There's something ironic about a vaccinatable outbreak in a town called Darwin.

william tele, Obsessed and 1293 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.