DIRTY STINKIN' THEFT.

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
Went for an early night tonight and woke up around midnight to the sound of my truck crunching into the gravel of the driveway.
Went outside to see two bodies scarper across the field closely followed by another pickup on the road, that picked them up on the other side of the field.

They had tried to steal the wheels from my pickup.
Obviously "professionals". My son had seen a silver Astra casing the place around 9pm, they used logs under the car and put buckets over the sensors of our security lights.

Thousands of £££s worth of damage to my truck: front end knackered, wheel arches and side steps wrenched off, exhaust snapped and God knows what else.

I've just had the local police round for the last couple of hours and my son and I get the impression they know who it is.

God help whoever it is if I find out.
I moved up here to the rural life for health reasons and also to live the quiet life.
I wasn't always someone who lived the quiet life.

After I phone the insurance and get a tow truck to take my vehicle away in the morning, I've got a feeling I may also be reconnecting with some old friends.

Last edited:

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
ya that is sad.

We had some folks from a disability assistance group have all their catalytic converters stolen from their vans.

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I remember one night years ago hearing a very distinct sound outside my apartment .
It was a sound I knew quite well. My Sportster was in the lot right outside., normally it was in a shed but I planned on going back out later. I used a big lock on the rear brake disc. Once or twice I forgot about the lock and tried to push it ahead. It moved a few inches before the lock hit the swing arm causing the bike to slam down on the kickstand.
I heard that sound. I had a rifle and a banana clip near the door and was outside on patrol in a flash.
I didn’t see the thief but I hope he saw me. The cycle had been moved slightly as suspected. Never had any further problems

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
That's terrible. I keep saying to my partner we should move to the Scottish countryside for 'a quiet life'.

I was recently in touch with a local church that is the drop off point for a charity that recycles old tools (Tools With A Mission).
I asked if they could collect a load of garden, d.i.y. & car maintenance tools. They said no, as someone had stolen their mini-bus!
Who the hell steals a bus from a church?!?!
Anyway, I managed to pack everything in the back of my car & drop it off.

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
About 30 years ago I was woken by the doorbell ringing, and a blue flashing light, at 3am.

Is this your house, sir?
Yes
Have you been drinking?
No
Can you explain this?

My car was about twenty yards from the house, at the bottom of the slope, half on the pavement, half on the road. Both front doors were wide open. A screwdriver had punched a hole just behind the driver's door lock, and they had tried to hotwire the engine, not realising that I had an additional switch fitted, they then tried to bump start it down the slope.

They stole a pair of sunglasses, and left me a screwdriver, which the police were not interested in. But what hurt most was that they went through all my cassettes, scattered them on the ground, didn't take any of them. Is my taste not good enough.

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
That's terrible. I keep saying to my partner we should move to the Scottish countryside for 'a quiet life'.

I was recently in touch with a local church that is the drop off point for a charity that recycles old tools (Tools With A Mission).
I asked if they could collect a load of garden, d.i.y. & car maintenance tools. They said no, as someone had stolen their mini-bus!
Anyway, I managed to pack everything in the back of my car & drop it off.
Sorry to hear that, when dad died I kept his favourite Yankee handyman 130b and a couple of other well worn hand tools. Everything else (2 vanloads) were picked up by Tools with a mission. They were a pleasure to deal with, and I hope one or more folks have had their life transformed somewhere in the world thanks to dad's tools.

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
Sorry to hear that, when dad died I kept his favourite Yankee handyman 130b and a couple of other well worn hand tools. Everything else (2 vanloads) were picked up by Tools with a mission. They were a pleasure to deal with, and I hope one or more folks have had their life transformed somewhere in the world thanks to dad's tools.
Thanks. My Dad had 4 of everything. I've kept some small good quality tools/ B&D power tools.
I was delighted when I found TWAM on the interweb. And the drop off was just down the road from me.
Like you say, it can transform peoples's lives.

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
Last week someone used a power tool of some kind to cut into the steel-cage municipal bike cave in my street, and stole my son's mountain bike. It's not even worth that much. These people must be really desperate for the drugs.

I say just give em the drugs. And then work on why they need the drugs.

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
I hate a thief.
I was visiting some old friends while on vacation around 1985. I was awakened by the distinctive sound of an 870 being racked. A few seconds later BOOM, BOOM!

Fearing the worst I pulled on my pants and quietly moved to the living room. The lights were on and my friend’s wife was on the phone to the cops

Two clowns had backed a pickup into David’s gravel driveway expecting to steal his 1954 Harley. David heard the noise, went to the front door, racked his shotgun and blew out the rear tires of the scums truck.

They took off running. The cops knew the truck, the owner, his brother, heck the entire stinking lowlife family. They were captured, arrested, tried and found guilty. Since this was third time the had been found guilty they got 15 years in Parchman. One died there and the other was killed in a botched gas station robbery.

Some people say it’s only “stuff”. But it’s my ”stuff” and I worked to get it.

VonBonfire

Tele-Holic
Years ago me and my old man were deer hunting in a very rural area. We took an old beat up toyota corolla there, parked and headed to our deer stands. Left in the junk car was an empty junk cooler and an old junk pair of sorel boots in case someone's boots got soaked during the hunt. Someone smashed the window and stole the junk cooler and junk sorel boots. It was then that I learned that people will steal ANYTHING.

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
it's only stuff

It's my lifeline though. If it was only stuff I wouldn't be this angry about it.
I'm having to cancel hospital appointments because I'll have no means of transport.
I checked the 2 busses and a train timetables to transport me the 45 miles to the hospital.
There isn't bus out of here that would get me to my destination in time for my appointments.
My only other option is my son loses 3 shifts this week and possibly next at work to drive me.