Direct to PA confusion

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
I've played plenty of gigs without amp over the last 30 years. Starting with a Yamaha FX500, the Behringer V-amp Pro as pre-amp. Now I use a Joyo American Sound, AC Tone or Award-session JD10. If I'm not sure about the monitoring, I take my own DI and a Behringer B205D. I can split my feed into the B205D and the PA. I then take the monitor mix into the B205D and mix the two. As it is small, mounts on a stand pointed at my head, it doesn't interfere with FOH. On a silent stage I can hear myself without upsetting the sound guy.

metalosophy

Tele-Meister
I believe the cheapest all in one that has XLR's for balanced back to FOH without any fuss would be the Ampero.

No phantom power, though.

thatkeithmorris

Tele-Meister
I used the Flyrig5 v2 last night as usual. XLR to the desk and a little active monitor for me, fed straight from the Flyrig’s jack output so I don't have to rely on the sound man getting me just right in the shared monitor mix.

Wooly Fox

Tele-Meister
My 2 cents is to have a Quilter pedal at the end of your pedal chain as they're solid state amps and have a XLR out. Can dial it in and I think one of them is dual channel.

HX Stomp is another option as it has all the presets you need for a gig if you want to try and learn it. Only thing is the cost and you already have a pedalboard.

Lastly the cheap Chinese cab SIM pedals (Flamma make one) if you can bend the arm of the proprietor to have an amp on stage but no cab.

Monitoring will be fun if you don't have decent wedges. The Headrush active speaker wedge is pretty good if you REALLY need your own monitor but that is likely overkill for your needs.

Otherwise steer clear of silent stage gigs...

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity
I bought this:

Really useful piece of kit. For direct to PA, it has the effects loop advantage. And it handles stereo.