Direct mount Wilde/Keystone pups?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by blackbelt308, Feb 11, 2013.

1. blackbelt308

blackbelt308 Tele-Holic

Anyone successfully mounted a Wilde or Keystone pickup directly on a Tele body (neck or bridge)? I ask because Bill uses threaded bushings for the mounting screws, and this would seem to complicate things a bit... Seems like you'd either need real skinny screws or to simply remove the bushings from the base plate (ugh!).

Thanks,
    Rick

2. unccivil

unccivil Tele-Meister

I've had this problem with keystone necks too...and I found out last year that I wasn't the only one.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-327115.html

I thought I was cross-threading them at first, but after an hour or so of trying to work them in, I figured it wasn't me. My keystones eventually went into a tele with pickguard mounts.

3. jamieorc

jamieorc Tele-Holic

Can't you just use some smaller wood screws? Fill the original holes if you need to. Get some that have threads only part way up.

4. Tele-phone man

Tele-phone man Tele-Afflicted

The little threaded bushings he uses are removable. You can just push them out of the base of the pickup and then have a hole plenty big enough for a wood screw. Both of my Wilde equipped Teles have the neck pickups directly mounted in just this manner. Save the bushings for later if you change your mind.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.