After several hours of carving with gouges and scrapers, refining with sandpaper, and just overall doing a bunch of stuff, the top carve is done, as is the neck carve. Mandolins typically have a V profile to the neck, so I went with an asymmetrical soft V for fun. After sanding everything up, I gave everything one coat of finish. I do this to highlight any areas that may need further work. Also, it will seal against the super glue that I will use for binding on the body so I don't get any discoloration there. It also serves as a sealer coat in general, and both the mango and walnut on the body will get grain filler. The neck will be oil and wax and thus no grain filler. I have also started to bend the binding. I started with the hardest part, which is on the inside of the upper "horn", which has a very tight radius. Bending that took a lot of time, heat, and water. Hopefully I'll get it installed tomorrow. On the whole, I'm stoked about it all. Still need to figure out the headstock binding situation, whether to do it or not. I planned to, but bending/binding around the ears is a little puzzling, since they are neither super sharp nor round enough to just bend the wood around...\ Anyway, you don't care about that. You want pictures!