1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Dino Strunk, you out there boy?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Snailhand, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Snailhand

Snailhand Tele-Meister

One of the finest Telepickers I ever saw from Decatur Ill.
    He moved to Branson Mo 'bout 15 years ago. Anyone know him?

2. msampson

msampson NEW MEMBER!

dino

i hear you there friend, i grew up and played in a many bands and jams with him, saw him make his first recording in a small studio in Sprinfield illinois. he sure did blossom.. lost touch with him after he moved to branson area. just wondering if you ever hooked up with him..

3. cbnutt

cbnutt Tele-Afflicted

i used to see him at morgan music, a store here where i live, they migth have a contact number for him mabe. he goes to the store here some.

4. Guitarist4u36

Guitarist4u36 TDPRI Member

Hey friends,
    I've had a few people tell me that I've been asked about in the tele forum. Guess what.....Dino Strunk is now here!! :) First, I'd like to say I'm very flattered by the kind words written in this post along with a few other older posts as well. I thank you!! I believe I know who a couple of you might be, but others I'm not so sure of. PLEASE feel free to send me a note of some sort. It would be nice to meet some new fellow guitar slingers along with hooking up with old friends from the past. As for me, I'm still in Branson, Missouri playing 2-3 shows a day and have been for almost 15 years now. (mercy....old age is sneeking up on me...HaHa). Anyway, I hope to hear from all of you soon...either here or in email. Meantime, keep pickin'.
    Sincerely,
    Dino*

5. guitarzan13

guitarzan13 Friend of Leo's

Welcome to the TDPRI you two....

6. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

There ya go snailhand...you can find anything you want on the this here forum

welcome aboard you new guys.....

7. msampson

msampson NEW MEMBER!

and I now hear that dino is playing with joe diffie. congrats Buddy.. I am glad you are living the dream you told me you had when we were picking together.. way to go Boy...

those tight fittin see thru jeans are paying off..lol!

8. Guitarist4u36

Mercy!!! That old story will never die....lol! Yeah...working with Joe has been great! It's great to work with Terry Crisp on steel guitar as well. Awesome player!! Hey btw, Roach came down and seen the JD show last fall. It was great seeing him.

9. mellecaster

mellecaster Former Member

If that's how you make your very 1st Post, I guess you won't be around too long ?

10. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

Wow. You must be some kind of player. Playing shows 2-3 times a day is incredible. Looks like you have a few fans. I was going to say welcome BACK to the tdpri because of the twelve posts but been a member since 08. Then i saw the number of your posts do not change. You must be real good. It seems they only do that for special players. Have not seen you around, so welcome anyways. I am sure you're knowledge would be welcome around here.

11. davnatell@gmail

davnatell@gmail NEW MEMBER!

He Dino, the guys at Morgan Music say Hi and wish you'd come in and play a few licks once and awhile. I just bought your old James Burton Sig Telecaster Upg w/ Blue Flames. Why'd you quit playing it anyway? Good pickin to ya! -David in Green Bay

12. Guitarist4u36

Hey David. Good to hear from you. Actually, I have/had 2 of those James Burton teles...the blue flame one that you bought, and a red flame version as well. I have more guitars than I can play at one time...LOL. Mike had a Mesa amp that I wanted so I traded the one you bought in on it. The one you bought has actually seen very limited use because I played the red flame one more. No real reason except I had bought the red flame one first and had been playing it steady prior to the blue flame purchase. I figured I'd let the red one get the workhorse battle scars..lol. They're great guitars. I hope you enjoy it. BTW...I was over there yesterday and they had the hipshot bender installed on it. They had me test it before they shipped it out. I think you're gonna like it!!!;):)

Good luck with it my friend!!!
    Dino*

13. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Dino, I'd like to see just one of those Teles in a store!

Attached Files:

• Blue.jpg
      Blue.jpg
      File size:
      30.7 KB
      Views:
  14. Guitarist4u36

Tele-Bastard,
    Thank you for the welcome. Sorry for the slow response. I had actually meant to comment to you on the post I left for David, but I got all into what I was writing and let it slip by.
    I don't post too often on forums, but I'm on all the time reading and catching up on the latest news. I stay pretty busy during the season doing shows which I think has something to do with why I don't comment too much, But I am very thankful to have been blessed to be able to do what I love to do for a living.
    Thanks again.:)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.