1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Dingo ate my baby!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Fretting out, Sep 21, 2020.

1. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

chinese. See 'the prime minister was a spy', which argues Harold holt was a double blind agent for Taiwanese interests, and when it turned out he was working for the CCP, decided to flee by being picked up in a Chinese submarine, hitch took him to a boat that took him to China where he lived out his days.

a wonderful story hampered only by a lack of evidence and common sense.

in fact it’s a very good biography of Holt other than that.

rust I think. An absolute injustice. Both Lindy and her husband Michael(RIP) spent time in jail For a crime they did not commit.
    Also someone said above they were jehovahs witnesses. They were in fact seventh day Adventist’s. The stories about Azaria meaning ‘sacrifice in the desert' etc spread. Friends of mine who were sdas had to defend themselves for years.

I thought Meryl nailed Lindy’s voice. I remember at the time a lot of Australian film critics (many of Those reviews taught me to how to roll my eyes) said she had an awful Australian accent. Since Lindy was a New Zealander, I guess they were right, but it’s a bit like disparaging woody harrelsons Brooklyn accent, which he’s never done.

I found the Seinfeld episode funny, as I thought it was picking at some American ignorance of Australian culture and accent. But generally I don’t find the reference funny.

Fretting out and chezdeluxe like this.
  2. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

The so called "foetal haemoglobin" pointing to the murder of the baby in the Chamberlains’ car was later found to be a ‘sound deadener’ sprayed on during the manufacture of the car.

This article from the Australian Federal Police points out how poor the forensic examinations in the initial stages of the case were.

https://www.afp.gov.au/news-media/p...cruits-get-rare-access-chamberlain-collection

dlew919 likes this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Never mind.

4. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

You don't have children, do you?

5. tele_savales

tele_savales Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

You've never seen The Spy Who Shagged Me have you?

6. tele_savales

tele_savales Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

How could you possibly know that?

7. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah , Right. That or strawberry jam?

8. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

I know some Niw Zielundirs who honestly can't tell the difference between Aussie and Kiwi accents. One went home after a number of years. She said 'oh my god - is that what we sound like!'

It was the same for us after two months in England. Turning up back to Heathrow and hearing the Aussie twang was an OMFG moment........

Fretting out likes this.
  9. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Apparently us Marylanders have our own accent and I’ve been told so

I never really noticed it till recently, I think other people have the “accent” ;)

apparently people on the east coast/ original colonies speak a more “proper” American accent/ retained our regional dialects as when moving west it became more blended and muttled

10. Tonetele

I actually met a funny, nice guy in Bali from NZ, married to an eastern Australian . When he found out we were from South Australia he joked how we spoke English properly, without the twang. Reason is, our state was settled by free landholders and Germans ( my mob) and there is a distinct difference in accents. I rather like the eastern accent, sounds less snobby. More 'strayin'.
    BTW Meryl Streep was awful in that role. The whole movie was BS.
    I don't think we'll ever know the truth about baby Azaria but the DPP here doesn't press charges unless they are convinced there is enough evidence for a conviction and Lindy Chamberlain WAS convicted.

aadvark likes this.
  11. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

normally I’d agree. In most cases the evidence is strong. But the northern territory’s highest court found that none of the evidence presented by the prosecution stood up. She and Michael were rightly fully exonerated.

12. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

It's a close fitting woollen coat. In her statement Lindy said the baby had a nappy, jumpsuit and singlet with a matinee jacket on top.

https://defrostingcoldcases.com/in-memory-of-azaria-chantel-loren-chamberlain/
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-47985987

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2001/may/01/patrickbarkham

Police didn't offer the evidence of the aboriginal tracker who traced a dingo dragging something towards the Rangers quarters.

They didn't offer the statement of a father whose nine year old daughter was separated from him by a pack of dingos the day before, fortunately other people scared the dogs off .

The holes in the police case - I read Tipple's book - you could land a jumbo in.

The only version of their case that was credible had her taking the body away to dispose of in a camera bag in the car.

She had to have cut it's throat or head off in the front seat of the car with pinking shears - these later proved to have no blood on then at all. Joy Kuhl blundered because the solution she used to prove blood traces reacts to almost anything with metallic content. So car, scissors - she said had blood on them. None did.

She took pictures of the firewall of the Torana showing 'blood sprays' - later pathologists showed these patterns had sprayed through boltholes before hinges and panels were screwed together. And it was antirust/sound deadener Holden applied before paint - it went under the paint. No blood present.

From the camper's statements a minute by minute timeline gave Lindy two periods of a few minutes to kill the baby in the front seat of the car, hide the body, put her son to bed without him noticing the baby was missing from a small tent, cleaned the tent the car and herself with two changes of clothes and go back to the campsite and sit down pretending everything was normal, where there were a dozen people sitting yards away.or walking around the whole time.

One witness heard a dog growling amongst the tents and someone saw a dog carrying or dragging something around the same time as someone heard a child cry out. That's what made her return to the tent. She saw the dog leave and shake its head. Her son remembered waking with something leaving the tent.

Doghairs were found in the tent and in the recovered clothes along with blood spatters in the tent. The Chamberlains hadn't owned a dog for years.

The moment they found the matinee jacket covered in blood and with remains, it exploded the case against her, because the crown case was she stuffed the child's body in a camera bag which stayed in the car all the next day until the Chamberlains drove away - because she had no opportunity to get rid of it, people were with them from the moment she cried out for the whole night and next day.

She couldn't get the baby's body to the far side of the rock. The car didn't move. I've walked it, it takes hours.

So the moment they found the jacket and body part the crown case was blown apart.

I lived through this whole thing as an adult. I couldn't believe it when she was convicted. It was so obviously mob hysteria. Joy Kuhl wasn't qualified, the English professor who claimed dingos would dislocate it's jaw had never even seen a live one - and couldn't explain videos of dingos carrying pigs heads in their mouths

The judge who presided over the trial said he considered it a wrongful conviction on ridiculous evidence and that she never should have been charged.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    dlew919 and chezdeluxe like this.
  13. Tonetele

I've had it with this post. Most Australians believed at the time that Lindy kiled her cild, who had significant health issues.
    I think , IMHO, the only person who has kept quiet all these yeas is her son. He says the baby was taken by a dingo and saw it. I don't know. Weird family .
    The average family in Australia at the time thought that they let it happen or killed the child. I don't care and won't comment anymore than to say the Australian DPP never proceeds with a charge unless they can/ will convict. Please , no more on this very sad situation in Australia, a usually happy society. End of story.
    Make up your mind.
    BTW the books written and the film ( particularly Meryl Streep is BS).
    Let's put it to rest. The baby is dead/missing and Lindy took off to the Us of A. Onya mates.

14. Tonetele

I wish the moderators would clos this subject. I'ts like talking about Waco.

15. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Poster Extraordinaire

Sounds like my in-laws.

16. Fiesta Red

Polite word of caution, my brother...
    Your statement is inaccurate (they weren’t the religion you stated) and religious discussions here—accurate, inaccurate, otherwise—are prohibited anyway.

17. Fiesta Red

Not to change the subject, but there is a similar problem in Hollywood films depicting Texans or Southerners in general...I cringe when I hear a “Texan” with a Georgia accent or a “Louisianan” with an Alabama accent. They are very, very different dialects and inflections.
    That is all.

Back to the dingoes and wrongfully accused mothers...

18. Tonetele

I never mentioned what church the Chamberlain's belonged to- someone else did.

19. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Yep, old news.

20. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

"please, someone close this thread before somone posts something else I don't agree with."

Tonetele likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.