1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Dimarzio True Velvet T Bridge PU

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by esquire_only, Jan 19, 2012.

1. esquire_only

esquire_only TDPRI Member

Hi, guys!

I`ve installed this pickup into my swamp ash/maple neck tele yesterday and now i can say this is one of the best tele bridge pickups!

1. It cures superb-higs problem: tone full open = TWANG, tone near halfway down = sweet sound without harsh icepick and keep the sound structure normal (not muddy). SD Broadcaster, Dimarzio Twang King, Dimarzio Pre-b1 were installed there previously, but they didn`t had that sweet spot on tone control (controls are 250K CTS, and there are 0,047 uf and 0,022 uf caps via push-pull on tone control).

2. The sound is really LOUD, and it is very dynamic and sensitive to picking nuances.

3. Bass/middle/treble are very proportional and you can hear every string sounds.

4. On different gain levels it sounds quite right: from sweet bakersfield sound to light crunch to rock to hard`n`heavy - this is really cool.

What more to say? Oh, you can play country - this pu got lots a twang, clarity and high-end snap on clean sound, or play rock - it got lotsa balls when distorted!!! True versatile tele pickup. Best of today`s Dimarzio line, IMO.

2. lupowitz

lupowitz Tele-Afflicted

Glad you like it, but I for one, could use some audible evidence to share your enthusiasm :)
    So if you have the time, record something for us, there barely are any clips about those pickups.
    Cheers in advance!

3. JG806

JG806 Tele-Holic

I've got one too. Had it for over 2 years. I'm very happy with it. I agree it is very versatile. Yeah not alot of info out there on these.

4. esquire_only

esquire_only TDPRI Member

Yeah, that`s probably a good idea, i thought about it when writing the post. Soundclips will be available soon. Plus, keep in mind that soundclips quality depends on many factors - not just the pickup itself.

5. humblepie

humblepie TDPRI Member

I've had a Dimarzio True Velvet in my tele bridge and a Twang King in the neck. I can honestly say it's the best sounding tele set I've owned. This set is just without negative issues and the tone and usability are a perfect 10.
    With all the hyper expensive and popular boutique and uber boutique winders around, why are we not reading about these pickups from Dimarzio?

TequilaCaster likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.