Dimarzio EP111 Series Wiring

hisnamesjames

NEW MEMBER!
I'm hoping that a: my idea is possible and b: someone can help me work this out!

I don't like blade style switches, but if my concept isn't doable, and a blade switch will work, then I'll have to settle.

Basically, I'm wanting to use the EP111 switch from Dimarzio to set my tele to neck - series - bridge. I've been staring at the diagrams for a while now, and believe that this is possible, but can't yet get my head around how to make it behave in this manner. For the record, I've not yet purchased the switch because I can't confirm it will work yet.

fetch

For reference, lug A1 is top left, lug C4 is bottom right

Can anyone help me pick this apart? On paper, it should be possible based on the use of this switch for coil splitting etc, but I can't quite work it out on my own.

TeleHuli50

TDPRI Member
I used an EP1111 for a Tele project. Not for the exact purpose you are looking to do, but thought I'd give it a shot. This is what I came up with that I think accomplishes what you want. I don't think you need the other side, so a DPDT On-On-On would work instead of an EP1111. But the EP1111 has a fat bat and looks like you can pick up your whole guitar with just the toggle, so maybe you want to get it anyway for durability in case you have aggressive pickup switching tendencies.

I don't claim to be an expert at wiring guitars, so I offer this as a starting point for someone to throw darts at.

P.S. I just tried to hold the weight of my Tele holding on to just the bat of the EP1111 and it held up.

-Huli

Attachments

• 1663005215087.png
    1663005215087.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 17