1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAF - pair it with a SD Little '59?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by don, Jan 22, 2021.

1. don

don Tele-Meister

This is the direction I'm thinking of going - anyone tried this? Based on what I've read the outputs are compatible and the tone chart looks even rather than mid scooped or treble hot. No coil tapping for me - wiring it like a tele with a 3 way switch or maybe 2 volumes and a tone for some blending. The specs on the DiMarzio website look to me that for the neck pickup the standard spacing would work on my tele rather than the F spacing - any experience with this? Thanks!

2. SbS

SbS Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Yes, got them. Actually had to adjust 36th in neck lower, DCR doesn't tell the whole story. And yes, standard spaced goes well in Tele's neck position.

Guitar sounds darkish though. I got series/split/parallel for 36th and series/parallel for Little '59. In series mode, could use even more treble (A500K pots + .022 uF tone cap). Might work differently in different guitars though.

Kind of took time to get familiar with the combo and find the sweet spots. Little '59 isn't full blooded P.A.F. of course, it's something different. No hum though, it was important for me, because I have quite a lot electrical interference in our home. DiMarzio 36th sounds wonderful and smooth. But mine could be brighter too, as said before.

PSX_20200607_112317.jpg

SRHmusic likes this.
  3. don

don Tele-Meister

@SbS great info - nice looking tele too! I tend to like a less bright tone so maybe it will be right for me. I have my Little '59 in an esquire right now with 25ok pot and its perfect.

SbS likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.