DiMarzio 36th Ann. Neck PAF in Bridge and/or with Alnico 2

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by adam79, Feb 14, 2020.

1. adam79

adam79 TDPRI Member

Anyone try putting a DiMarzio 36th Anniversary Neck PAF (DP103) in the Bridge position of a Strat? I was thinking that the lower resistance, 7.3 instead of 8.6, would work better for low gain blues/rock.

Or trying an Alnico 2 magnet in one? I've heard the 36th PAF is kinda bright. The two might tame that a bit. In this case, do you think the DP223 (bridge version) might work better.

2. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Not much difference between 7.3 and 8.6. Personally, I would put the set of Dimarzio 36 Anniversary pickups in that Strat with 500k pots and .022 cap. Then play the hell out of it.

awasson likes this.
  3. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I’ll be trying an AlNiCo 5 SD at around 8.5k in my black Strat in a week or two. Just waiting on the pickguard. I do like AlNiCo 2 humbuckers so I plan to try one of those as well.

I haven’t tried one yet but a P94 might be a good pickup for that position. A SD Phat Cat AlNiCo 2 pickup might just do the trick.

Zepfan likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.