Digitech Trio Band Creator Blowout

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by BelairPlayer, Dec 23, 2017.

1. BelairPlayer

BelairPlayer Tele-Afflicted

What's the scoop? These things were nearly three bills when they were introduced. Now you can pick one up for fifty bucks. Are they lousy, complicated, what gives?

2. Troubleandahalf

Troubleandahalf Tele-Holic

There is a newer version that still goes three bills. With any luck I'll get one for Christmas from Santa's little helper.

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Yup, the newer Trio Plus is awesome, but the original Trio was missing a few features. Pretty good deal now, but it just doesn't do it all like the new one. I would save up for the Plus if I were you.

4. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

A guy at the local shop demoed the original Trio for me not long ago. He made it sound great; even without the rhythm guitar track feature iirc.

He didn't have a Plus in stock but said it's the one to have. Heck, I liked the now inexpensive one!

5. Henfield Tele

Henfield Tele Tele-Holic

Original trio is still pretty good if you download the firmware updates.

6. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Poster Extraordinaire

If any wants one I’ll sell you mine. PM me.

7. MrGibbly

MrGibbly Tele-Afflicted

As mentioned, there’s a new version. I think this is a great deal particularly if you already have a looper but don’t have any kind of drum machine. The Trio is much more fun than practicing to a metronome and very straightforward to operate. The most recent firmware update was a step forward, too. I use mine quite a lot with my HD500X to lay down loops and jam with myself.

8. LowCaster

LowCaster Tele-Holic

I got one, i think it's a great deal. As I already have a looper I dindn't want to spend 200$ more just for another looper, but it makes sense to have the looper integrated in the pedal if you use it a lot.

9. ecoast

ecoast Tele-Holic

40 bucks w/the email 20% coupon...can't beat it with any kind of stick

10. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Where are these being sold so cheap? Links?

11. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

I bought one last week from sweetwater. $49 for the pedal, $39 for the footcontroller. I know it lacks some features that the Trio + plus has but it's also less than $100. I'm excited. The trio should have been here already, but the footswitch was backordered, and since I'm going out of town Monday (to New Zealand for a week!!! 25th anniversary), I told them the wait and ship both at the same time. So I should have this when I get back. And also, I got a POG2 for xmas last night, so that gives me time to play with that.

12. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

Simple, the old trio is great for casual fun jamming around. On the other hand if you want to create arrangements with intro, verse, chorus, bridge, ending then save your arrangement the trio + has the seqencer and looper to add/create these parts. I think there are 12 (song)locations to save these full arrangements with the 5 sequenced parts or you could use the 5 sequenced locations to save separate unrelated cord progressions which would give you 12 x 5=60 song locations. Trio + is a lot more complex with more of a learning curve but a lot more versitile than the regular trio. Platefire

Obsessed and Troubleandahalf like this.
  13. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Holic

I just ordered another. I had a problem with mine this morning- a cable broke off in it. Cable issue, not Trio issue. The Trio is a lot of fun.

14. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

I am planning on first window of opportunity to just do some spontaneous creative writing on the Trio +.
    That would include the groove, cord progressions and lyrics. Not necessarily planning anything in advance, just sit down, start building parts, riffs, words and see what gives. I done the same with a lot less advanced tools before and sometimes came out pretty good, so I think the trio+ would lend itself well to that kind of operation. Platefire

Obsessed likes this.
  15. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

I couldn't interest you in bringing a guitar down with you could I ? :)

I have been tempted with the trio but would never get over "wondering" about the Plus..... I think the plus is probably the one for me.

16. Ex-riverman

Ex-riverman Tele-Holic

I got the Trio on sale. I got it to work last night and had a good time playing along. I tried today and failed to get something going. I'll try again later. After doing some reading I think my guitar volume was too low.
    Anyway, I'm really excited to see what I can accomplish with this thing.
    I saw the plus and it looks amazing but I knew $50 was worth figuring out if I can even make this thing work for me before I spend $300.

17. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Being outsold three to one by Beatbuddy, thats the scoop.

18. Henfield Tele

Henfield Tele Tele-Holic

Volume to needs to up and you need to play basic rhythm for it to learn. I even use it with my bass, which in some ways is easier.

19. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

My brother got a trio+ recently and likes it. I was considering one, but then discovered the band in a box software, which I think I might like better. Similar but different.
    But that's a great closeout price for the old model.

20. birddog01

birddog01 Tele-Afflicted

I finally got a chance to open mine up and give it a quick try but failed to get anything going. Didn't have much time to mess around and will try again this weekend.
    I thought something must be wrong with it but did find the volume dial down.
    Question why I thought something must be wrong.
    The foot switch button does not click like a pedal button for on/off is that the way it's supposed to be?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.