DigiTech SDRUM Auto-Drummer Pedal

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by FenderGuy53, Mar 7, 2019.

1. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Guys, I did some internet browsing this morning and I found this pedal demo:

WOW! The Mooer Groove Loop is a looper AND drum machine in one box, and it sells for under $100.

Guys, I may have to sell my Valeton Coral Looper! ;)

Paul in Colorado likes this.
  2. Spudly

Spudly TDPRI Member

I just got an SDRUM, but haven't spent much time with it yet. I've been using a Jamman and Trio+ for a long time though.

The SDRUM seemed like it hit a spot for what I was looking for. The thing that is great about it is that it does sync with a Jamman Solo XT and Express XT, and I do have a Solo XT. If I need to later I can add another another Solo or Express to the chain to sync for more options. I like this concept for flexibility. Unfortunately it doesn't sync with the older Jamman Stereo or original Jamman which I have too.

You can do the same functions and more as in the Mooer video above with a Trio+, and you have more options for song building with the Trio+.

With the SDRUM and Jamman yu have the ability to add fills, count ins and endings.

3. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Afflicted

I thought you said your Mooer pedal was the one that died.

4. FenderGuy53

The more I boil this down, I think the best course for me is to go the Mooer Groove Loop route.

Here's why:
    • pedal gives me a looper AND drum kit in one pedal - no sync issues,
    • pedal has 3 modes of operation: loop only, loop & drums, or drums only - very versatile,
    • pedal has independent volume controls for loop and drums - mix control,
    • pedal has 2 drum patterns for each of its 8 different drum styles - simple, yet effective.
    The Mooer Groove Loop may be too limited or simplistic for one to consider gigging with it, but for the creative artist in need of a studio tool, the Mooer Groove Loop makes perfect sense!

My $.02.

5. FenderGuy53

Yep, that's correct. My Mooer Micro Drummer's life ended very shortly after it began!

6. maito

maito Tele-Meister

Ive had the Sdrum some time and i like its simplicity, couple strums and you have nice beat to practice with.

Its the only pedal that has issues with bad mains line in my practice space, poor grounding makes it snap, crackle and pop. Even when i dont play it makes random pops through amp.

I did a recording today that used pedals that are on same board as the sdrum, it was not used but signal passed through it and you can hear the crackle and static it puts out here.
    https://picosong.com/w69Jn/

FenderGuy53 likes this.
  7. FenderGuy53

I just played your recording on my Android phone and I didn't hear any static or crackling, maito.

BTW, I loved the feel and ambience of your sample. Nice work!

Now, thanks to you, I'll have to revisit the SDRUM.

I WILL say that I have more confidence that the Digitech will stand the test of time. My concern with the MIC Mooer Groove Loop is longevity; the dang Mooer Microdrummer that I had succumbed within a year!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    maito likes this.
  8. maito

maito Tele-Meister

At home where i have properly grounded mains its not issue at all, i think the mains cable on my practice space must be 100 years old, its nasty cloth covered wire :D

Sometimes it stops if i change to other socket or re-route cables but i was in a hurry today so i didnt bother, its just something i wanted to put on record so i wont forget.

I have jamman solo xt that syncs with sdrum but it only works as a slave so if i want to stop sound completely it must be done from sdrum, jamman wont stop beat from it.

But i think its great piece of kit if you want quick beat or something a bit different.
    Sure it has its limitations but for me it works better than something with pre-programmed beats.

9. FenderGuy53

It works for YOU, and that's the important part.

10. FenderGuy53

This complicates things:

[​IMG]

11. FenderGuy53

The new NU>X JTC Drum & Loop pedal looks VERY interesting:

NU>X won Best in Show for Companies to Watch at Summer NAMM 2017.

For a drum & loop pedal, this may be my new fave! ;)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  12. FenderGuy53

First, let me say that I have conducted my search for a suitable pedal, with looper AND drum functions, as a guitar hobbyist, not as a professional, gigging musician; that said, I still want bang-for-buck returns for my investment dollars.

So, after watching, several times, online demos and browsing public information on manufacturer/distributor websites, I'm sold on the NU>X JTC Drum & Loop pedal.

The Mooer Groove Loop is a distant second. The pedal's sound and design is okay, but having my Mooer Micro Drummer fail within its first year of operation, I'm not getting any warm fuzzies.

Hope this helps those hobbyists who may be looking for a worthy drum & looper pedal for a low cost.

Thanks, guys!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  13. FenderGuy53

I purchased my incoming NU>X JTC Drum & Loop pedal via Reverb.com, for $84! It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow!

The design AND function are very simple designs, which I like. This new pedal is going to make practice time so much fun - and my playing so much better!

If you're wanting a practice "buddy" for your practice/rehearsal space, check out the NU>X JTC Drum & Loop pedal.

14. FenderGuy53

NU>X JTC Drum & Loop, $89

Paul in Colorado likes this.
  15. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

Interestingly, I found my Ditto loopers would not pick up a drum machine signal for some reason. So I gave up on putting any beats in a looped cycle. Anyone else experience this?

16. FenderGuy53

From what device were the drum beats coming? Perhaps a stupid question, but did you have the output from the drums going to the input of the looper?

17. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

Yes I used the same output I use to send the drum machine to an amp or PA. It's a Yamaha Drum machine. I have an Alesis here I have yet to try. I was just messing around one day and tried the Yamaha and was surprised I couldn't get it to work.

18. FenderGuy53

As am I. Hmmm...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.