1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Digitech RP360 or Line 6 M5

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by WYfish, Jun 5, 2015.

1. WYfish

WYfish Tele-Meister

Looking to get a small multi effect unit to use with my tele and 70s vibro champ at home. I've always ran straight into my amp, but I like the idea of spicing things up with some useful effects in an all in one package. More interested in sound quality of effects over bells and whistles. Anyone compared the two units? Seems the RP360 has more features. Thanks in advance!

2. Coach56

Coach56 One of the Boys

I've used Digitech and Line 6 multi units over the years as well as the "real pedals" and at the moment I am liking my Line 6 M13.

The dirt on it is nothing great but most of the modulation and time based effects are quite good, it is VERY easy to "program" and is very gig friendly.

I think my Diditech pedals had better dirt, but were a lot harder to program.

YMMV

3. WYfish

WYfish Tele-Meister

appreciate the comments Coach56. easy programing is definitely a plus.

4. Garage Dog

Garage Dog TDPRI Member

You may want to take a look also at the Zoom G3 or G3X.
    It has an exceptionally easy user interface.
    It sounds extremely good also.
    You can find numerous "RP360 vs G3" articles on the internet.

5. WYfish

WYfish Tele-Meister

Has zoom improved over the years? I remember using one of their units years ago and it wasn't all that great; sounded way too digital and fake....

6. Dolla Bill

Dolla Bill TDPRI Member

I haven't used a line 6,but I own an rp360xp. There are things it does that I will never probably use,but I like the stompbox mode. The dirt boxes are good sounding,and you can also get a good breakup sound from the amp simulator wich does clean-up some with the turning your volume down on the guitar. good choruses and reverbs. I do have to bend down to switch patches. I have three main patches that I use depending on what the song calls for...then I have a couple of patches for harmony or octive effects. You can look up the manual for the box online...you will need it. I thought I was getting great sounds from my old rp80 but, the rp360 kicks it's butt. you do have to fiddle with it(eq,and amp modal eq). I gig with it.

7. Garage Dog

Garage Dog TDPRI Member

IMHO Yes!
    I think Zoom is very underrated.
    I do agree with you that some of their early multi-effects pedals left a lot to be desired.I owned a G3 and was extremely impressed by it.
    The user interface on it is awesome.
    Sound is subjective what sounds good to some may not be great for others.
    Is the G3 better than the other two?
    It is most definitely in the same ballpark as the other two units and worth a look.

8. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

I haven't been crazy about the two Digitech multipedals I had. I traded one and the other one died on me despite infrequent use. I have a Boss ME-70 that I much prefer. The ME-25 is a good pedal too. Can't comment on the M5, but my friend has an M9 that he likes a lot.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.