1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Digitech repair

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by Telegator, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Telegator

Telegator Tele-Afflicted

I have a digitech rp155 and two of the pad type buttons have quit. I am convinced this can be fixed and I am willing to pay for any possible repair. Can anyone point me to anyone who might be able to fix this problem? The two buttons are the “drums” and “edit” buttons. Thanks for any help.

24 track likes this.
  2. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

I hate to say it because it’s all too common in today’s culture but you can probably get another one for 40 bucks

Chances are one will be cannibalized anyway to fix yours if parts aren’t available

Just my thought

Edit: Holy heck! Maybe it is worth fixing at least now, there’s a couple knuckle heads on reverb that think these things will sell for almost 100 dollars!
    No offense to the o.p or digitech I have a similar model and they have always just been cheap pedals

24 track likes this.
  3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I do repairs for a large retail store chain , the hardest thing is getting parts , Roland wont sell me the replacement parts unless I sign up to be a Roland Repair depot to their spec, Zoom will not support any repairs of any kind , their moto throw it away and buy a new unit, Music tribe.....behringer , midas, Klarkteknic, TC electronics etc., have moved their repair depot to their Superpartners who wont do warrentee repairs unless they sell the product in question. Digitech closed shop ( as far as I know) and unless the parts are generic getting them is difficult . I have yet to findout who does the repairs for Music tribe for all the gear bought before the new bussiness model .

recently sent a TC helicon harmonizer to Cosmos Music toronto (Musictribes new superpartner for repairs) it would have gotten a board swap (1/2 hr repair ) I was told the board was not available and if it was it would be 450.00 plus labour and shipping, and if i wanted it back it would cost me 45.00 for them to look at it. but if I abandoned it , there would be no charge.

in short you have to see if those switches are available as generic parts or if something can be mickeyed to fit and function.

https://www.digitech.com/discontinued-products/RP155V.html

try contacting these guys , they may be able to help or direct you

https://pro.harman.com/brands/digitech

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    BorderRadio and Fretting out like this.
  4. hopdybob

hopdybob Tele-Afflicted

Archtop Bill likes this.
  5. Telegator

Telegator Tele-Afflicted

Thanks for the help. I do not want to buy a used unit but will probably go with a zoom g1 four to replace it.

6. Telegator

Telegator Tele-Afflicted

UPDATE: The unit died peacefully at home yesterday lol! I was amazed to find a used one in “Great condition” online thru Guitar Center for, you guessed it... $39.00. You guys were accurate to within a single dollar about what it would cost me to fix my troubles... not counting tax and shipping:)

BorderRadio likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.