DigiTech GNX2 - Want A Great Rock Distortion Sound - How?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by tonytrout, Apr 23, 2015.

1. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

I still have my DigiTech GNX2 - I haven't been able to afford to upgrade to the Line6 Multi-Effects unit I want yet.

I've got some fairly cool distortion/fuzz/overdrive sounds on my effects unit but - I want to have a really good distortion/fuzz/overdrive sound like in the style of Lynyrd Skynyrd's Gary Ro$$ington - that will also give me that feedback hum that he gets from his rig - but I don't know what effect I need and how I need to set it to achieve that?

Can I get any help somehow if there's anybody here that owns a GNX2? I've had it for years - but I wanna upgrade really badly - but I have no money right now. :(

2. RyanJH

RyanJH Tele-Meister

You won't achieve feedback just from having a certain type of distortion. Feedback is heavily dependent on Volume, and your position relative to the speaker of your amp.

Your amp needs to be loud so that the sound waves coming off the speaker can vibrate your strings, which is sensed by your pickups, sent back to the amp and the cycle repeats...hence "feedback".

You also need to be standing in the right position (distance, orientation) relative to the speaker. This is different depending on how loud you are, the height of the speaker cab ect...

It's not as simple as dialling in the right distortion tone.

-Ryan

3. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

So, the Line6 XT Live ME that I want probably wouldn't be of much help, either, huh? :(

4. kedj11

kedj11 Tele-Meister

You could get the Boss FB2 Feedback/Booster pedal. It's designed to generate musical sounding feedback at normal volume. I bought one recently, though I have yet to try it out.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.