1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Digitech Freq-Out Pedal Revisited

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by ping-ping-clicka, Jan 17, 2021.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

As a guy that doesn't use real amps the ability to use feedback is at problematic, no volume, gain seems to help, but still it's still not a solution . Enter Digitechs Freq-Out pedal.But then I hear from others I doesn't sound like real feedback. oy vey! pick-pick-pick-pick- never happy, pick-pick-pick-pick-pick-! :(
    So I think hmmmmm

Guitar- Freq-Out Pedal-T.C.Electronic Dark Matter distortion pedal-
    Strymon Iridium Pedal T.C Electronics hall of fame reverb

placing the Freq-Out Pedal before the amp is how feedback occurs feed feedback loop starts at the guitars pick-up then goes to the amp , so place the in front of the amp,Digitechs Freq-Out pedal but it's to clean, to pure, so run the signal into the T.C.Electronic Dark Matter distortion, scuff it up a little then send it into the faux amp. it sounds much more realistic, but it needs just a little room reverb on the signal, because feedback is not happening in a vacuum. Ah;) that's better, much better!
    Mazol!:cool:
    ROCK AND HEART.jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  2. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Holic

My biggest issue with the FreqOut was the fact that once the signal drops below a certain level the feedback cuts off abruptly. If the feedback decayed in a natural way I would have kept it.

Another issue was the fact that the feedback seems to latch onto a specific pitch and holds it. If you bend the note it doesn’t track well and sounds fake/glitchy.

It is an interesting pedal, and I’m sure there are uses for it outside of what I was hoping it would do.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.