Dig it, yo.

HootOwlDude

Tele-Meister
Ordered this bad boy before the holiday and it should be here probably Saturday. To help me endure the wait and the neurotic checking of tracking information six to fourteen times a day, I’m kindly requesting gratuitous comments about how much I will love it and how it will likely change my life for the better—possibly even leading to a true philosophical discoveries about myself, music, creative serendipity, the sublime alignment of the universe, why chickens bob their heads when walking, and other ontological awakenings. You know, just stuff in general.
87144DF8-4A5E-4932-BB57-3F6A351E1E61.jpeg

Fluddman

Tele-Holic
I resisted getting on the Strymon bandwagon for a long time, but I finally cracked and now have a Flint and an El Capistan. They haven't left my pedal board.

HootOwlDude

Tele-Meister
I resisted getting on the Strymon bandwagon for a long time, but I finally cracked and now have a Flint and an El Capistan. They haven't left my pedal board.
Thank you for indulging me. Of all effects, delay is my favorite, and in stereo it is just the mack-daddy for me. The first time I stepped on a Boss delay I borrowed from a friend way back in college, I was like, “What?! How is not EVERYONE freaking out about how big a deal this is??!!” 😂 Have loved it ever since. I considered the El Cap long and hard for sure. Its nostalgic sounds definitely intrigue me and mesh with my vintage inclinations, but I am trying the replace an old, early 2000s digital delay that I love but am past the limitations of, and the warm cleanness of the Dig seems like it’ll be a fit for me. And I just gotta have that ping-pong! The idea here is I want another delay that’ll scratch my itch as my go-to for another couple decades, but ya never know—an El Capistan might be in my future! Thanks again!

HootOwlDude

Tele-Meister
Looks expensive. Congrats.
Damn right it does—and was. ! I’m a natural born playa! Somewhat seriously, though, the deal was at least close to reasonable, as a slew of Dig owners have committed to the newly released V2 and are shedding their old Digs. Normally my hard cap is a little north of a bill, but the YOLO factor of flying through space on this giant blue ball manipulates my reason at times, and I am cool with that. I mean, really—eff it! Plus, delay is a bit of an Achilles heel for me. Thanks for the congrats.

El Tele Lobo

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I almost pulled the trigger on one of these, but went with the El Capistan instead and bought a Flint to go with it. Probably my two best pedal purchases in recent memory. Weirdly though, in the time since I got them, I've been mostly playing jazz without pedals (maybe a little of the Flint's plate reverb). My Wampler Equator has gotten a lot more mileage with some of my tele than the Strymon stuff.

Honestly, their pedals are so versatile and so well designed it's hard to go wrong with any of them. Plus they're made in USA, so that's a huge bonus in my book. Big ups on your new delay. I'm sure you'll DIG it, daddy-o.

HootOwlDude

Tele-Meister
I almost pulled the trigger on one of these, but went with the El Capistan instead and bought a Flint to go with it. Probably my two best pedal purchases in recent memory. Weirdly though, in the time since I got them, I've been mostly playing jazz without pedals (maybe a little of the Flint's plate reverb). My Wampler Equator has gotten a lot more mileage with some of my tele than the Strymon stuff.

Honestly, their pedals are so versatile and so well designed it's hard to go wrong with any of them. Plus they're made in USA, so that's a huge bonus in my book. Big ups on your new delay. I'm sure you'll DIG it, daddy-o.
The Equator looks like an awesome tool. Thanks for the affirmation!!

El Tele Lobo

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
The Equator looks like an awesome tool. Thanks for the affirmation!!
It really is. I like it a lot better than the BOSS 7-band graphic EQ I used years ago when I used to play hollowbodies. The BOSS tamed the howl, but also sucked tone pretty badly. The Wampler gives very precise control (esp over the Mids) without the tone suck. Brian knows his stuff. Check out the videos where he demos/explains the EQuator. I love Wampler pedals.

HootOwlDude

Tele-Meister
7E19B71E-AA75-4175-BCF8-DD0B2ABEB971.jpeg

Well, it came yesterday and I just plopped her on the board. This is not a new pedal day—it’s a new pedal EVENT! My old Digidelay is p-oed, but I’m ecstatic. After a few minutes of playing around it’s obvious I made the right decision. Jeezu-priest does this thing sound absolutely glorious!! I mean, really. AND she’s a looker. Very pleased so far.