Didn't mean to be nosey, but I saw my co-workers cell phone bill...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by emu!, Jan 20, 2011.

1. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

...while standing at his desk. It was just there in the open. Why am I posting about it?

IT WAS FREAKIN' $371.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine has never been over $35.00. I'm verklempt.:eek:

2. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Mine's a hundy per month with total net, yaddie yada. 371.00 is just poor management or maybe he was the victim of poorer management.

3. OtherTom

OtherTom Tele-Afflicted

Could be lots of 900# happy ending calls.

4. jimbojo

jimbojo Tele-Meister

Mine is around $275 a month, but I do have 5 phones, that is kinda sick though.

5. tazzboy

tazzboy Former Member

What does he do for a living?

6. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Typical "smart phone" with data plan bill is between $80-$125 depending on your plan and features. He could have multiple lines or may not have paid his bill for a couple months.

7. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

Mine is a hundred bucks.

A year!

8. daveIT

daveIT Tele-Holic

$97 a month for 2 phones (of which I use mine maybe 5 mins a month) and it's killing me. No fancy internet, text, etc...just 2 lines and that's with a "corporate" discount.

As soon as my in-laws contract runs out we are all going to get on the same family plan and cut that in about half...most of the minutes used between us and the in-laws are the friends and family crap so they don't count against the totals anyway.

Might just get one of the Wal-Mart phones in the meantime...

9. TaylorPlayer

TaylorPlayer Tele-Afflicted

I have four kids and a wife plus my IPhone..... Our bill isn't that much! I have unlimited texting for all but just internet/email for me as I am the only one who needs that. Everyone else has a laptop! :eek:

I wonder how many guitars I would have if I didn't have four kids sometimes, but then I look at them and smile.... (the kids that is! :p) ((And the guitars! :!:))

10. Brian L

Brian L Tele-Meister

Yikes, mine is averaging around $190.00 per month. It is a business line and I also have my two kids on there as well. They mostly text, I need the minutes for business purposes.

11. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yikes. Mine is about $150 a month. That is for me and the wife to have text, data plan, etc. and more minutes than we could ever use, as well as lines for her parents. So, four phones, two with full data plans.

12. bender-freak

bender-freak Friend of Leo's

$37 a month with Verizon and i make/receive calls almost every day. but i do NOT yak just to be yakking; i say what i need to say and i'm offa there. typical call for me lasts maybe 5 minutes...would be $45 a month but i get a discount for being a disabled vet. $371...??? that's just insane.

on the home phone, i'll talk all day if someone needs/wants to; i have unlimited free long distance with AT&T Uverse.

13. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

My personal bill is about $180 per month but that reflects running a business where i have 10 salespeople and customer service people calling constantly.

For a family with 4 iPhones I pay about $450 per month including my own line

14. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Was that bill just usage charges, or did they bill him for a new phone or harware.

mines about 100 with all the bells and whistles, but when I get a new phone or break a phone, they just charge it to my account.

15. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

When my son was 13 he pushed our bill to $900+. Long story how he managed that. We explained it to AT&T they dropped the additional charge.

16. jmaul

jmaul Tele-Afflicted

Back in the dark ages I had a few $300+ bills, just me.

Some of it was based on bogus sprint billing issues that they eventually cleared up in 2002 or 3.

Some of it was actually legit anytime minutes overage, at .40 a minute or whatever it was.
    Travelled for weeks at a time, long distance relationships, friends, family, and gf on different carriers... Minutes added up quick. If you are working west coast and the gf is east coast you are using dozens of anytime minutes a day right there.

17. beep.click

beep.click Poster Extraordinaire

I don't have a cell phone. Doesn't make sense for my lifestyle.

18. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

I have 4 people on mine, it runs about $200 a month with two iPhones.

It'd be less, but with the family plan they won't let me buy a lower number of minutes.

Were it just me, I'd be around $35.

19. voodoo_idol

voodoo_idol Friend of Leo's

I just dumped my $50/mo for 450 minutes AT&T plan (and it felt good to lose those idiots) to try out PlatinumTel (pre-paid), which piggy-backs on the Sprint network.

www.platinumtel.com

For $60 (less 10% promotion) I got a basic Sanyo phone and 600 minutes that last for 6 months.

I typically use about 100 minutes a month and I don't text. So with AT&T I was paying about 50 cents per minute, with PTel it's 5 cents per minute. AT&T $600/year. PTel $60/year. Hell that's almost equal to a CV and a CVC.

Text messages are 2 cents each. They also offer more upscale phones, including an Android phone.

So far, so good. My only complaint is they don't offer conditional call forwarding, so I can't use YouMail (www.youmail.com) to take/email my voice messages. If you are a minimal user, it's the best deal out there.

20. Boblets

Boblets Friend of Leo's

Some people are good at talking I guess, and need lots of airtime. I feel a bit embarrassed to disclose that my mobile phone is on a 365 day prepaid account which I top up with $20 every year. I had $4.40 left to carry over this year. I guess I do my talking with my Tele.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.