1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Did you have a happy thanksgiving or how was everyone else's Thursday

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ping-ping-clicka, Nov 28, 2020.

1. RollingBender

RollingBender Tele-Afflicted Vendor Member

My mother-in-law showed up. :(

ping-ping-clicka and Bob M like this.
  2. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

I was alone for the first holiday in six years.

Long story short, my girlfriend spent Thursday with her new boyfriend's family. Since we are still living together, it makes for an awkward and painful time.

There are two sides to every story, though, and even a couple months ago this could have been averted i think. All is not lost, but it looks as though this only ends one way.

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Wow, that makes for a tough Thanksgiving. I hope things change for you very soon.

haggardfan1 likes this.
  4. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Recovering from surgery, Turkey Day was my first full day without prescription pain meds. All family sheltered in place, so just four of us for dinner, lots of activity on all the smartphones.

Thanksgiving oatmeal for breakfast--sour cream and cranberry sauce--careful about roughage right now!

;)

5. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Yeah, my 91 year old dad is definitely not into the Zoom thing, but I believe (or perhaps it is "hope") that he enjoyed listening to the family yacking away on Zoom. Our family is very fortunate that my youngest sister moved in with my dad a couple years ago. It has been a blessing and probably lifesaver for my dad during 2020.

P Thought likes this.
  6. twangking

twangking Tele-Afflicted

It was the wife and I. I don't consider Thanksgiving anything other than a regular day. I don't care for traditions and prefer to relax and have fun. Everyone seems to get so stressed around the holidays, so no thanks to that mess. I choose to be happy and peaceful.

7. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

hi, 3 is a manageable number, especially with cioppino and homemade bread; blueberry pie, nd a hike in that magic place of your yewt'
    I hope 2021 is the best year yet for you and yours.

teletimetx likes this.
  8. ping-ping-clicka

It sounds good to me, I hear that lately small is better for the immediate here and now.

9. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I played many happy rounds with my dad. Back issues have stopped golf for me and neither of my sons are interested in golf. I'm due for spinal fusion soon. The surgeon thinks I'll be able to golf this year. Maybe I'll still get to connect with my kids on the links. Glad to hear you and your son connect. It's an awesome thing. Happy Thanksgiving.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. ping-ping-clicka

hmmm I was blessed with the kindest most caring mother in law in the world. (to bad about her daughter)
    One hears stories ....but my luck was running strong.

a friends husbands mother was a ninny-na-nono, here's a photo of her from a family holiday gathering.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmother in law.jpg

Toto'sDad and RollingBender like this.
  11. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Thank you very much! I hope your fusion surgery is a complete success and that someday you'll be able to get out on the course again. Only those who play really understand the fascination with golf. It's a game for life. Even though it's a battle that can't be won, it can be fought!

Bob M likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.