1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Did you have a happy thanksgiving or how was everyone else's Thursday

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ping-ping-clicka, Nov 28, 2020.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I watched part of Apollo 18 today, I'll finish it tomorrow. Working on some midi sequences. I began to understand how to integrate different bass sounds, ate some ramen, watched a little of 1938-39 Chamberlain- Hitler story, drank some tee, then later I found this while reading about what believing that the entire universe is intricately interconnected as one organise, we and everything else is part of a great synchronised whole. Which was fun ,some people act as if it's true , Wow! Heady Stony stuff for me. oh then I found this while listening to the police record Synchronicity,

what do you think about what this person is saying?

As we grow up--I’m sure it’s true for men also, but I don’t really know about that--women want to please. And we develop a false face that says, “I am what you’re looking for, I am what you want me to be, I am pleasing to you, I am a good girl.” So the process of becoming yourself is a process of mask removal, letting them fall away until your own face shines through.
    000000000000 Noh-Mask.jpg A. E. NEWMAN FULL BODY.png

2. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

We drove 2hrs saw all the kids and grandkids, great food, good weather and fun seeing everyone:)
    Then we drove back home the same day. Usually we would spend a night or two, so time seemed too short. On Friday we both felt a little down like something was missing:(

teletimetx and Electric Warrior like this.
  3. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

We have had a tough year. My wife has pancreatic cancer and is real vulnerable to virus' so our plan was to stay at home and Zoom with our family. We normally host and for 30 years our Thanksgiving brought family together at our house. While our plan was appropriate, I was not thrilled by the plan. Thanksgiving morning I was sipping a coffee, watching the news and at 7:30 am, my wife's sister and her husband came in through the back door. They brought with them a complete Thanksgiving dinner-turkey, stuffing, dessert and all the sides. It turned a disappointing day to a marvelous one. I'll forever remember them for this kindness. I hadn't seen my wife that happy in a while. I hope everyone found some happiness over Thanksgiving and despite what is going on in the outside world we all have a lot to be thankful for.

4. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's

I worked and to be honest I'm glad I did. Our family get togethers make Christmas Vacation look tame. At this point in my life I prefer a quite, uneventful holiday.

kuvash, teletimetx, Bassman8 and 4 others like this.
  5. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Afflicted

It was the first one I've ever spent alone. It wasn't great but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Made a frozen "Thanksgiving meal" and ate by myself.

kuvash, teletimetx, Cali Dude and 2 others like this.
  6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

We traveled, earlier in the week, but not to see anyone but instead to have leisurely phone and internet access - here in Shelby County, TN. To visit with the family and check in on people, by those means.

We would've been more cut off, up there at The Cabin.

We'd roasted a large turkey breast (you know, turkey with the wings and legs/thighs removed) the previous weekend and so, more turkey seemed over the top. So we ate a bit lighter, even than the usual dinner.

You know, in normal years, you eat way too much, you get into distress and you figure "hey, this gets any worse they could always rush me to the ER". You can't fall back on that this year. And if you can't eat a stupid amount, why cook a stupid amount?

So, I cooked fresh green beans this morning, for breakfast. Things taste best on an empty stomach. Butter, adobo, paprika, cracked black pepper, more butter. Yum!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Bob M, teletimetx, dougstrum and 2 others like this.
  7. Sotakoira Musti

Sotakoira Musti Tele-Holic

We don’t have that festive up here. I hate all holidays; new year, 1st of May, midsummer, independence day, xmas. You name it and I’ll hate it.

P Thought and ping-ping-clicka like this.
  8. ping-ping-clicka

THANKS FOR CHECKING IN: aS A CANCER SURVIVOR AND FRIEND OF MANY CANCER PATIENTS. I reach out to you and your wife and hope for the best outcome that is possible under the circumstances.
    Wow, in through the back doors special deliver, great family folks, looking out as family aught . That uplifting for me
    , thanks. Oh yeah from one perspective it's mean old world, ain't it grand to step into the sunshine and feel that rejuvenating warmth.
    Bless you and all your family. may this new year be the best year yet for you and yours.

9. old soul

old soul Tele-Meister

Thanksgiving was nice. Us and our 4 kids (teens thru young adults). My parents and my wife's parents and my brother. With everyone getting older, unfortunately there will be changes in the whole dynamic of things, but we can still enjoy holiday get togethers now. Did get word that my brother in law wouldn't be able to come for Christmas this year due to coronavirus. Bummed bc he is one of my favorite people, and we had talked about going hog hunting this year.
    I got the outside Christmas lights up yesterday and today I'm planning on picking up a guitar my wife wants me to have for my 50th birthday last month. The local sam ash has it in stock finally.

teletimetx, Cali Dude and SuprHtr like this.
  10. ping-ping-clicka

ah spoken like a somebody that's spent many a winter in the the dark, what is it 50 day in the near dark? hating holidays is one of my favorite run from the family dysfunction event days.

I had a friend friend from Norway who talked about the short winter days, and how a lot of people got depressed and hung out and drank together. She like living way down here in the eastbay,
    What about
    Children Of Bodom or Bodom After Midnight.?

Sotakoira Musti likes this.
  11. SuprHtr

SuprHtr Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I smoked a turkey. My wife prepared green beans, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and cranberry relish. That last item was uniquely prepared with a Carolina Reaper. Wow, just wow! My in-laws came over for the meal and weather was nice enough that we were able to eat outside and maintain some distance. Also had mince pie and pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. This was a very small version of what usually occurs with my wife's siblings and all of the nieces and nephews and grandkids, but for now it will do.

12. ping-ping-clicka

when I had in-laws and big family day-days I always managed to have to work o_O.... being the guy with the least seniority....;)
    Some holidays I could swing a double with permission and let one of the family guy spend a holiday with his family. My boss figured it out , "is it really that bad at your families get together ?"
    I said "Oh no through a Cheshire cat grin, Nah I just Like overtime and double over time, with 98 % of the campus shut down.

Ash Telecaster and Cali Dude like this.
  13. ping-ping-clicka

welcome to the ever expanding club of people who get to spend a quiet holiday alone.
    lucie charlie veral abuse 2.jpg

14. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

In the days after Quincy left Chicago...

Spent the day with just one of three children in a small cabin near my hometown. Did a Zoom conference with family in California, Colorado, Tennessee and Virginia. Talked to other family on the phone or exchanged texts.

With only 3 people in the cabin, decided against traditional turkey overload and made some cioppino and homemade bread; blueberry pie, too.

After eating, took a short hike to the base of the mountain where I spent my childhood.
    5881AD5F-0407-4497-8443-B71B622BE417.jpeg
    Thankful for all of it.

Thanks for asking, Ping. I hope you’re doing well.

15. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

I just ate at Whataburger on Thursday.
    I really miss those left over turkey sandwiches though.

old soul, teletimetx and dougstrum like this.
  16. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

We timed our dinners with one side of the family and had a Zoom with them while eating, then we had a Zoom with the other half while having desert. Not quite the same, but pretty fun. Then off to deliver Thanksgiving meals to our single friends sheltering in place. My wife and I know full well how fortunate we are, especially during this time. Full respect and best wishes to all frontline workers out there especially in the hospitals.

Bob M, teletimetx and dougstrum like this.
  17. AJBaker

AJBaker Friend of Leo's

No such thing as Thanksgiving here, but for some reason Black Friday has started becoming a thing these past years (which makes no sense to me).

Hope those of you who celebrated Thursday were able to have a good time!

Obsessed, teletimetx and Toto'sDad like this.
  18. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Scheduling all this Zoom stuff, all the technology and my parents really aren't interested in such things, it just creates IMO a tense environment. You don't see the other person's body language and so you don't really know what they're thinking or how they're feeling. I'm fearful that people are able to fake their way through the contact and you don't know really what's going on.

Just got word that a fellow I socialized with a bit in the New Orleans area, went home early from an event Th nite, got home and died on his floor of a heart attack. I can't help but think that, had things been more "normal", he'd have confided in someone that he was in distress and someone couldn't stayed with him at least, or made sure he got medical attention when he needed it. It seems like even if the event is "live", people are closed off from one another in a way I don't recall at any time in my life.

Obsessed and Toto'sDad like this.
  19. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

This has been a great holiday for us! It started off with my son, my wife and I getting together and playing a round of golf. We had a wonderful time! Then, on Thursday, we had a small gathering at my daughters home and just a fabulous dinner. Yesterday, our great niece and her family came by with her family, on their way back to Texas, she is my wife's great niece, and was mostly raised by my wife's departed sister, and they are very close.

After they left my son called and wanted to go to the golf course. He is learning golf late in life, but he's getting it now. He had his best round to date when we played earlier this week. Yesterday, I began to teach him the finer points of golf that allow you to score better. This has been such a great experience for us, because we were very close when he was young, but he grew up, and went off to conquer the world. He's come full circle, and now we are best buds again. My oldest son who has passed spent a lot of time with me, and I'm thankful for that now that he's gone. My younger son, will one day have some great memories of our times together. I'm very happy about that.

kuvash, Bob M, old soul and 1 other person like this.
  20. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

In some odd way, technology has made this earth changing event worse. I fight every day to keep from realizing/accepting that this probably is the new norm.

Obsessed likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.