Did You Get a Call...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TC6969, Jul 31, 2020 at 8:03 PM.

1. bcorig

bcorig Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Yep.

2. bcorig

I’d prefer they sent 6 Bit O’ Honey bars as opposed to the selection but at 10:30 PM when there’s nothing else sweet in the house it will just do.

hdvades likes this.
  3. bcorig

First question is “how can I help YOU?”

4. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

I’m a freelance gear adviser. I don’t work for anybody, but if you ask me, I’ll tell you what gear you should buy.

At the moment, I’m pushing “Plum Crazy” Stratocasters with pearloid pickguards.

I don’t know where you can get them, but that’s what you need.

ReverendRevolver likes this.
  5. LAPlayer

LAPlayer Tele-Meister

I would say it's a CS (customer service) call, not a BS call. At 67 you're probably not having to "work" for a living but they've got rent to pay and food to buy. I appreciate it when my Platinum rep at GC calls me with something special or even when my SW rep checks in. No, I'm not likely to buy unless I need something but I appreciate the effort. Sales is not an easy job - especially during the COVID epidemic and economic downturn.

hdvades likes this.
  6. John Backlund

John Backlund Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I don't even have my phone ringer on anymore. At least 98% of the calls coming in were robot calls by credit card, car warranty, and fake health insurance scammers, etc.

My wife sends me a text if she needs to communicate with me, then a follow-up call if it's really important.

I never had children, and am not close to even immediate family anymore, and no 'friends' that we socialize with.

I only need a phone to call out every once in a while, and of course, to post inane stuff on internet forums here and there. That's about it.

I occasionally buy things from Musician's Friend, but good luck to them in trying to directly reach me with callbacks.

7. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

Before I moved and lost my landline number, I was getting relentless, non stop phone calls with 99.9% of them being political/sales calls.

One week I did the rough math just for the heck of it and I was averaging a phone call every 6 minutes.

That is NOT going to happen with my cell phone!

The "Poor little girl just trying to make a living" can interrupt someone elses dinner at 7:49pm!

8. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

I can accept the idea that cold calls must work as a sales tactic, otherwise companies wouldn't do them. What I don't understand is how they work. I can't imagine a scenario in which a random phone call from a stranger interrupting my day would result in my buying anything. I guess if Sweetwater was calling to offer me custom shop Fenders for $99 each I'd probably bite, but I don't see that happening. 10% off isn't enough to elicit even mild interest from me, certainly not enough to trigger an impulse purchase. But again, I do understand that it must work or they wouldn't do it.

And I get that sales is a crap job. The only time I've ever been impolite to sales people is when they keep calling after I specifically tell them not to. With Sweetwater I lost track of how many different times and different ways I told them to never ever call me again, and they kept doing it until I sent an angry email demanding that they delete my account (which they appear to have done), and telling them exactly why they had driven me to that point.

Sounds like a guy with little tolerance for BS... exactly the type of people I like to be around.

9. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Tele-Afflicted

You obviously didn't completely ignore the contact or you wouldn't know that Taylor is a her.
    As much as I hate marketing calls, I'd be tempted to grin and bear it just to talk gear with a woman.

10. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

I'm not THAT desperate to talk to a woman! :lol:

PS: The voicemail that she sent after the phone call but before the Email pretty much IDed her!

soundchaser59 likes this.
  11. hdvades

hdvades Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

You need to order from SW. I never get stale candy from them. Bit O Honey is the best but probably not good for my fillings lol.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.