1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Did not have to sell my Broadcaster!!!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by teleplayer99, Oct 31, 2020.

1. teleplayer99

teleplayer99 Tele-Meister

I had a lot of musical instruments to sell, and I ate cheap food for the month. It was worth it as I own it. This is the best tele I have ever played. The blackguard is by no means diminished after all the hype. Glad I did not sell it(understatement). My Broadcaster weighs 7.1 lbs., plays like a dream, and the sound is what I want to hear. So I have the BC, a 000 Martin 00013E and 3 amplifiers. The D28 was sold. Thx for all the good advice I received on this forum. You were all great help to me.

Anthony Williams

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  2. aadvark

aadvark Tele-Meister

great news, Anthony. Glad you were able to hang on to it!

I thought when this pandemic began, (we just came out of I think it was 120 days lockdown), that might have to sell my blackguard - but I too have managed to hang on, so glad I did!

play on....

best wishes, Aad.

Dr Improbable likes this.
  3. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I really thought about selling my AC30, too big, need the cash, etc. Now things are looking a bit up and I'm keeping her.

So glad things worked out for you too!

4. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

Good outcome - keep enjoying it!

5. teleplayer99

The Broadcaster is the only electric I play. Really do not remember when the tele bug bit, but it bit hard. Was an SG man. It was my first guitar complete with a silverface champ amp for Christmas 48 years ago.

Played guitar with a friend recently and we play Martin acoustics together, but mainly electric. He brought 3 guitars: ES335 with burst busters , American standard tele with texas specials, and an incredible Custom Shop 1956 reissue Gibson.

Played through 5 watt class A Swart amplifier. The Gibson LP sounded incredible, and I played it a lot. But I prefer teles overall.

6. teleplayer99

My favorite amp a PRRI was sold. That hurt.

7. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Tele-Afflicted

Glad to read you’ve managed to keep it. Hard times for sure, and what’s better than a good old tele to sweeten them?

8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Glad to hear it, Anthony!

I'm assuming this also means, you and yours didn't take a hit from Hurricane Zeta - I'm thinking you were just far enough off to the left, and dodged the center of circulation and that dreaded right side quadrant (and we were lucky in far western North Carolina also). Much worse in Montogomery, Atlanta.

aadvark and Greggorios like this.
  9. GuitarsBuicks

GuitarsBuicks Tele-Meister

I'm happy for you. Enjoy it!

10. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

I might have nightmares tonight that life can make a man sell an OOO

Anyone wants my M36 Reimagined will have to take it from my cold dead hands

aadvark likes this.
  11. teleplayer99

I am a selfish man. My daughter has CA with complications. That makes her household a 1 income family. And here I am with guitars and glad to have them. Thinning the herd has been hard. All of these get daily play, since I got my first guitar at 15 and I am soon to be 63. And I will keep them for as long as possible. Selling a 54 reissue strat on ebay now. The D28 was the hardest. That makes me selfish, but I hope this is it.

12. teleplayer99

I am a selfish man. My daughter has CA with complications. That makes her household a 1 income family. And here I am with guitars and glad to have them. Thinning the herd has been hard. All of these get daily play, since I got my first guitar at 15 and I am soon to be 63. And I will keep them for as long as possible. Selling a 54 reissue strat on ebay now. The D28 was the hardest. That makes me selfish, but I hope this is it.

13. teleplayer99

Sorry for the last post. Life happens.

14. Old Plank

Old Plank Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Phew! happy for ya!

15. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Doesn’t sound like it. If you sold part of your collection to help your daughters family that’s being selfless not selfish. Totally understandable that you want to preserve something.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.