Did I invent something or

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
did I just figure out what everyone else already knew?

I decided to make my own Quesadilla out of sliced Honey Ham, Mozzarella Cheese and On The Border Salsa. Placed between two flour tortillas and grilled it in a skillet. The salsa might have been a bit out of date but it was in the fridge and available. It was really good and left that nice salsa taste. A nice comfort food lunch. Maybe next time I'll try Mexican 4-cheese and pizza sauce. Am I pushing the envelope on Quesadilla's?

Sorry no pics, I ate it. Perhaps next time.

Any good recipes for Quesadilla?

kuch

Tele-Afflicted

I decided to make my own Quesadilla out of sliced Honey Ham, Mozzarella Cheese and On The Border Salsa. Placed between two flour tortillas and grilled it in a skillet. The salsa might have been a bit out of date but it was in the fridge and available. It was really good and left that nice salsa taste. A nice comfort food lunch. Maybe next time I'll try Mexican 4-cheese and pizza sauce. Am I pushing the envelope on Quesadilla's?

been making quesadillas for a while. anything you might want in a taco or burrito would be good to add.

one suggestion is to grill the "insides" of the tortillas in butter before you add the fillings. I usually use 1 tortilla, grill 1 side, flip it over, add ingredients, and fold it in half, grill both sides. that's how my grandkids like it :)

skunqesh

Tele-Afflicted
in my wayward youth /college daze, quesadillas were top shelf on the starving student menu.
Cheese + Tortillas + Anything else that's edible and in the apartment.
You can even turn them into Smores - get chocolate chips and just substitute marshmallows for cheese (or include cheese, no judgement! )

these days I prefer to keep them simple. less desperation and more fresh ingredients.

My only reccomendation is use real butter, and a cast iron skillet.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
I'm boring but I love quesadillas!

Boneless skinless chicken breast chopped up in a skillet with El Pato sauce. Not too saucy, just enough to get it red.
Large skillet, throw in a large tortilla. Put in the chicken, white cheese or Mexican 4 cheese, diced ortega chiles or diced jalapenos (pickled) on top of the tortilla. Toast it, fold it, take it out and cut it. I don't put salsa in the Q. I put little bowls out and we dip it a bite at a time.

But I will put a hot dog in a tortilla. Toast the tortilla, put in a cooked hot dog and some mustard, roll it up and have a hot doq taquito thingy.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Back before I knew about all my food issues / allergies, I used to make what the kids called a "fridge clean-out burrito". Take 5 or 6 leftovers that had a bit or two left, throw them in a tortilla, hot sauce, wrap and enjoy. Mexican, Asian, Italian, I just did not care. It all went into a burrito.

Or - between two burritos, add cheese, heat and eat.

I used to be one of the least picky eaters known to man. Now I have to be careful; I still would eat almost anything, I just can't if I want to continue feeling good.

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
I’m in the anything goes camp - only two requirements are flour tort and cheese.

But for a specific recipe, I like shrimp, queso blanco, a little cotija cheese, onion, cilantro, and roasted green chiles. Salsa verde can go inside or be dipped after.

jays0n

Friend of Leo's

It sounds like an invention. I also make em with just whatever is in the fridge.

It sounds like yours was good, as it went too fast to get a photo :)

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
I don’t think there is anything really off limits. If it floats your boat then it’s not anybody’s business.
We’ve used used quesadillas as a way of get rid of stuff in the refrigerator. Some things didn’t work out the way we wanted but it did help clear the fridge and no one got sick

Mr. St. Paul

Tele-Holic
I do something like that all the time. I yesterday for lunch I put a flour tortilla in dry pan on medium heat, sprinkled it with shredded cheddar and put a diced pork chop I had grilled a couple of nights earlier. Put some Old Bay Hot Sauce on it. Once the cheese started melting, flipped half of the tortilla to make a half-circle, and browned it on both sides. Cut it into thirds and housed that bad boy.

I used to make what the kids called a "fridge clean-out burrito". Take 5 or 6 leftovers that had a bit or two left, throw them in a tortilla, hot sauce, wrap and enjoy. Mexican, Asian, Italian, I just did not care. It all went into a burrito.

Same here. I love breakfast burritos.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Whatever you can put in a tortilla and smoother with salsa is one of the preferred food groups. I had a scrambled egg, with a big old sausage I didn't even like for breakfast, but after adding a sufficient amount of salsa, it turned out to be my favorite breakfast sausage! (For today) (And it was the last one)

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Still tasting it, so I opted out of dinner tonight. The neighbors whom I helped out had a relative who gifted me with a "Dan the Sausage Man" box from Seattle; including some Summer sausage. Never heard of that brand, but may try it on my next luncheon tortilla treat.

FuzzWatt

Tele-Holic

Pretty similar to something my Mom used to make me for dinner long ago... capicolo, raw baby spinach and Swiss (individual choices may vary) between a folded tortilla, lightly grilled in a skillet until cheese melts. Dip in your favourite (salsa and sour cream) sauces. Voila!