Did I do well?

telereissue

Tele-Meister
It arrived today and I got to jam a little on my lunch break. What a stellar sounding amp.
20210929_123637.jpg

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
These are great amps, so congrats!

I bought a floor model US made Pro Junior in 2007 for $225. Great amp, but noisy! Had an amp guy work on it way back when and it quieted down a little, but it's still a noisy little beast. Maybe something has gone wrong with it since the work was done, but it's hardly been played for years due to other amps that get more attention.

MrWiggly

TDPRI Member
Great score. I'll toss in a vote for the Eminence 1058. That came stock in my Victoria Ivy League I bought used. I swapped in about a half dozen of the usual suspects to see if something else sounded better. Nope! That Eminence is one fine 10" speaker.

milocj

Friend of Leo's
Great score. I'll toss in a vote for the Eminence 1058. That came stock in my Victoria Ivy League I bought used. I swapped in about a half dozen of the usual suspects to see if something else sounded better. Nope! That Eminence is one fine 10" speaker.

That blue alnico in the OP's amp is a tweaked variation of the 1058. A lot of people will swear that it's a bit better than the 1058 so I wouldn't swap for one. My Vibro-King has three of the blue ones and they sound great in the VK.

OP, congrats on that amp. I've ended up with two Jrs at the present time: one of the Woody Anniversary versions and a Plum Crazy version. They're both really good amps. Quite a few years ago I had bought one of the Red October variations and with the Eminence Ramrod that came in it the amp was almost unusable at home due to the taper of the volume pot and the efficiency of the speaker. The two I have now work fine for the living room.

I hope you continue to love it. They're hard to beat for what they do.

telereissue

Tele-Meister
That blue alnico in the OP's amp is a tweaked variation of the 1058. A lot of people will swear that it's a bit better than the 1058 so I wouldn't swap for one. My Vibro-King has three of the blue ones and they sound great in the VK.

OP, congrats on that amp. I've ended up with two Jrs at the present time: one of the Woody Anniversary versions and a Plum Crazy version. They're both really good amps. Quite a few years ago I had bought one of the Red October variations and with the Eminence Ramrod that came in it the amp was almost unusable at home due to the taper of the volume pot and the efficiency of the speaker. The two I have now work fine for the living room.

I hope you continue to love it. They're hard to beat for what they do.

I was looking at the ramrod if it didn't have the alnico, but it sounds really good as is. All I really need is a grille cloth. Somebody liked it enough to leave it alone all these years. Even had the input jack replaced and stock one in the back of the cab.