Did anyone see the Peter Jackson Beatles segment on 60 Minutes?

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
The director Peter Jackson found a bunch of tape from the Let It Be sessions that had never been seen before. I believe he's making a documentary out of it, and they showed some of this on 60 Minutes tonight. It looks super interesting!

It seems that contrary to what they seem to remember, they were all getting along pretty well at the time. It has great insights into their songwriting processes as well.

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
The director Peter Jackson found a bunch of tape from the Let It Be sessions that had never been seen before. I believe he's making a documentary out of it, and they showed some of this on 60 Minutes tonight. It looks super interesting!

It seems that contrary to what they seem to remember, they were all getting along pretty well at the time. It has great insights into their songwriting processes as well.

Is this the segment?

I’m looking forward to it, but the extreme total running time is making me a bit nervous. Frankly, I was much more hoping for the initial plan — seeing a two to two and a half hour movie in a theater with a cheering audience ending with the rooftop conference, rather than — what, over six hours total? :confused:

But I thought They Shall Not Grow Old was a brilliant documentary, so hopefully Jackson will deliver the goods with Get Back as well.

Last edited:

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Is this the segment?

I’m looking forward to it, but the extreme total running time is making me a bit nervous. Frankly, I was much more hoping for the initial plan — seeing a two to two and a half hour movie in a theater with a cheering audience ending with the rooftop conference, rather than — what over six hours total? :confused:

But I thought They Shall Not Grow Old was a brilliant documentary, so hopefully Jackson will deliver the goods with Get Back as well.

Yep that's it. I have the Disney Channel on my satellite, but I'm not going to subscribe to another channel just to watch this. I think Disney plus is a separate subscription. Looks pretty cool though.

beyer160

Poster Extraordinaire
I’m looking forward to it, but the extreme total running time is making me a bit nervous. Frankly, I was much more hoping for the initial plan — seeing a two to two and a half hour movie in a theater with a cheering audience ending with the rooftop conference, rather than — what over six hours total? :confused:

I definitely could have done six hours of They Shall Not Grow Old.

Poster Extraordinaire
I didn't see it, but I have Disney+ and have been looking forward to it for sometime now. I offered an open invitation to Blowtorch to come over and watch it and share wedge cut pizza.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
Is this the segment?

I'm the exact opposite. Please release every minute of footage so I can watch it.

60 hours? Yes, please.

micpoc

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
It’s been in the works for quite a while, and there have been a few threads here about it. Here is a sneak peak released earlier this year:

… and here’s the official trailer:

JIMMY JAZZMAN

Tele-Holic
All these years and Beatles are still at the top. It's good the "youngsters" will get to see them. Then maybe good
music will be alive and well again. Keeping my fingers crossed. Will pull out the Beatles For Guitar Song Book
I purchased many years ago. Get Back JO-JO....HA, HA..

Tommy Biggs

Friend of Leo's
I liked the segment, looks cool. Interesting to see them working through things on the fly.
Too bad I’ll never get to see it because d+ will tie up the licensing forever and keep it as exclusive content, and I won’t be adding a subscription.

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
I saw the 60 Minutes piece and enjoyed it. I don't get Disney+ and will probably not get it, but I would love to see what Jackson did with the footage. Or should we say mileage?

I last saw the Let It Be movie over 50 years ago, but from what I remember, it appeared that George quit (albeit briefly) after Paul tried to tell him how to play guitar on "I've Got a Feeling." From what I have read, George quit after John berated him for his song "I Me Mine."

If you've heard the lyrics on the subsequent John Lennon Plastic Ono Band album, and have heard the lyrics to "I Me Mine," it certainly appears that George's song is a dig a John and his self-centeredness.

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
Is this the segment?

This is 60 Minutes Overtime. A normal 60 Minutes segment is 12+ minutes, so this is not the same video as what would have been broadcast in the tv program. Excellent video, nevertheless. I wish I had been home to watch it last night, but I’m sure I can track down the full segment.

EDIT:

The full segment is at this link:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/beatles-get-back-let-it-be-peter-jackson-60-minutes-2021-11-14/