1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Dick Clark's vacuous New Years Eve

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Telecasterless, Jan 1, 2021.

1. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

We did have fireworks... this year, a family of... I mean no disrespect- rednecks- moved in. I was born and raised in rural Ohio, so I have some redneck in me as well. It is not a derogatory term, it's more of a descriptor of raisin' and culture. Anyway, they love their fireworks. And I begrudge no one fireworks on Independence Day or New Years Eve. But one of my dogs hates them, so I was laying on the floor with him, with some mellow music cranked up loud (but not loud enough to not hear the fireworks), with him shaking, until about 1am.

We ordered a Thundershirt for him today.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  2. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I watched The Sopranos on DVD, I had forgotten a lot of details so it's like watching it for the 1st time again, which is a good thing. Read some of the Kenney Jones autobiography in bed and lights out at 12:45. Surprisingly, I didn't hear any fireworks but it was cold and damp outside.

3. teleman1

teleman1 Friend of Leo's

You folks are truly amazing. You waited till now to decide that the New years celebration on TV went to pot? It stunk every year. I have had it as back round, but basically the show has stunk for my whole life. BTW the gunfire here in Phoenix was astounding along with fireworks after curfew and just big blasts. THe blasts were going off so much all around our area, you would think this is what war sounds like. THe blasts went on till after 1 am and were far more prevalent than the fireworks. And the fireworks in the sky were more than I have ever seen from the private/public sector.

BorderRadio, ruger9 and nickmsmith like this.
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Tele-Meister

Yep. These NYE shows have been trash for so long. All of them. It’s like the worst part of celebrity award shows, for hours on end.

Nickfl, Jakedog, Bassman8 and 2 others like this.
  5. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

The NYE shows might just as well be reruns .

kingofdogs1950 and Jakedog like this.
  6. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

Do you yell at kids to get off your lawn? If not, you should practice.

Jakedog and loco gringo like this.
  7. teleman1

teleman1 Friend of Leo's

HEre is what I would like to see, get togethers of famous people shoot the sh&*t live. Guitars, tambourines, acoustic performances. They could discuss their plans, how they enjoyed being sequestered, whatever. Just some truth & reality. All mixed with some great standup. Chappelle does 5 minutes, Seinfeld does 5 minutes, etc . So sad cause it could be a memorable tremendous show. Too badI am not in control, it would be a safer and more fun world. A world without troubles, a world without fear, but it's a sad world after all.

Rocky058 likes this.
  8. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I just watched Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen doing tequila shots, and went to bed about 10. Then woke up at midnight to the fireworks going off. Just glad it's 2021! Also woke up to an email of a direct deposit of $600 in my bank account, so we're off to a good start

Jakedog and uriah1 like this.
  9. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

We have tv & satellite but exercise the OFF button. The lead-ins to the “ball-drop” has become a total pile of crap. Nothing we have an interest in is on these shows

Telecasterless likes this.
  10. Chip

Chip Friend of Leo's

I miss Guy Lombardo!

(look him up kids)

11. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

A little Megan Thee Stallion and everyone goes ‘tv sucks!’? Ha, TV always sucked. Nothing good since the last A-Team rerun.

I’m not offended by a little twerk. I’m a father though, so when that bit came on while my 7 y.o. counted down the clock, I changed the channel. No need for that nonsense at her age. A little moderation and diligence can go a long way, and I don’t have to throw the tv out, because I like Prime and sometimes Netflix. A little bit of Adult Swim? HGTV? Lol.

12. David C

David C Tele-Meister

Let's face it, when you're young, New Year's Eve is just a contrived excuse to get wildly drunk. These days I don't know the musicians and don't care too much anyway, so why watch Dick Clark? I would go to bed if the wife didn't want to participate in a few superstitious traditions that you have to do at midnight, such as a man has to be the first one to knock on your door and come into your house on New Year's day.

13. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

We had the TV on to Dick Clark's show I think, and after the ball drop they showed a rerun of the Go-Go's from 1983. It was a breath of normalcy within a tornado of stupid.

Telecasterless, tery and Rocky058 like this.
  14. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

It is said that everyone has 20/20 hindsight . It is finally a reality . YEAH ! 2020 can just sight my hind and go away , never to be seen again .

15. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

The Canadian channels usually have good real music.

16. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

It seems no matter where you move to, a load of folks who feel compelled to set off fireworks moves in close to you not long afterward. I suppose the current situation has lessened the supply of money one can burn up in smoke, there was less of it last night and they didn't do any of it at Christmas. I'm like you, I know the year has been difficult, and for once I didn't begrudge Beavis and Butthead throwing their money away on nonsense.

Jakedog likes this.
  17. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

dick clark is dead and so is that horrible show

18. DekeDog

DekeDog Tele-Afflicted

Y'all can ALL get off my lawn.

19. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

‘nuff said!

Addnine likes this.
  20. fjblair

fjblair Tele-Holic

The wife and I were flipping channels, it was wretched stuff. Unwatchable.

nickmsmith likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.