Diabetics that eat junk food - wth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev-wilson

Tele-Meister
Brown rice is just as bad. If it isn't fat or protein, it's sugar.
Sugar is a carb, rice is a carb, one is simple, and one is complex, a simple sugar is water soluble, so the body receives the carbs quickly whereas the complex carb has to travel thru the small intestine for those carbs to enter the bloodstream, the body needs sugars as much as fats and proteins to function.

Hammerhead

Tele-Meister
I never specified type 1.

Why you've made that assumption, I won't hazard to guess
But they are different conditions, and therefore you should have specified type 2.

Why you chose not to, I won’t hazard to guess.

But I’m not doing so, you are spreading disinformation. You are what’s wrong with the internet.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Ok, autocorrect, you got me, good one, my point still stands though, what’s your problem with people who have developed a chronic illness through no fault of their own?
Once again, that is a completely baseless assumption.
I suspect you may be transferring, here.

Hammerhead

Tele-Meister
Once again, that is a completely baseless assumption.
I suspect you may be transferring, here.
Not at all, I suspect it’s quite the opposite.

I was not going through the stress of a divorce when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 12. But I was still type 1 diabetic when I went through my divorce.

The divorce was a result of my choices, the diabetes was not.

Maybe you can say the same, maybe not. In either case, I wish you love and happiness and ask that you may consider the impact of statements that you make on the internet carefully.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I wish you love and happiness and ask that you may consider the impact of statements that you make on the internet carefully.
thanks! you too, and,

believe, me, I do absolutely consider that.

Every single keystroke is in hope of helping someone to potentially see the truth.

Kev-wilson

Tele-Meister
Around 2% of the worlds population have 'diabetes' in one form or another, between 6 - 8% of that 2% have type 1, (Finland has the highest incidence per capita followed by Saudi Arabia) T2 comes in different flavours, one's genetically linked to a neanderthal gene and another to diet and exercise and another form of T1 can be misdiagnosed as t2 which is lada diabetes.

I can bore for Britain on this subject :p but most T1's will have had the comment "you're diabetic? Ooh, you don't look fat" on more than one occasion to not correct assumptions and "you can't eat that" is one of them...

Charlie Bernstein

Doctor of Teleocity
I think people perhaps best focus on that which is actually within their own control, which of course includes their own behavior.
'Zackly!
There will always be all kinds of outside influences that one have absolutely no control over; how one reacts to those things is indeed within one's control
Yup. We have no control as individuals. Sometimes when we gang up we can change things. That's why we do have some rules about food and drug testing and advertizing. But not enough. Yet.

DekeDog

Friend of Leo's
Better to be shot from a cannon than squeezed from a tube. Life is for living, but moderation has its place. It's anyone's life to live as they see fit, and we all know the inevitable consequences. Not your call.

One of the biggest issues I have is that, unless you do all of your own cooking, it is harder to buy processed or precooked foods that don't contain sugar or aspartame. It's literally in everything. I use Stevia in the Raw whenever possible. The problem with those types of sweeteners (eg erythritol) is they can cause gas (not the fetish kind) if you eat enough.

Last edited:

Poster Extraordinaire
Sugar is a carb, rice is a carb, one is simple, and one is complex, a simple sugar is water soluble, so the body receives the carbs quickly whereas the complex carb has to travel thru the small intestine for those carbs to enter the bloodstream, the body needs sugars as much as fats and proteins to function.

The body makes all the sugar it needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.