Hey all, A bit of a long journey, but I have finally wound my 1st set of single coil pickups. It has been quite a long journey. Back in 2011, i got interested in the Arduino platform, and after some studying, and some code stealing, I finished the code to be able to control a motor, and count the turns for the motor. I cobbled together a crude circuit that worked, but soon got shipped out to Australia with work in 2012, I returned in 2016 and after a few years, built a 3D mill. After some consternation, I realized what a perfect way to design and finalize my dream of a design to wind my own pickups! After many 3D printed designs, I fell on this design that I machined out of aluminum and steel. The electronics and controls are a bit straight forward. I can program in (through switches) the total number of turns, crank up the speed, start manually feeding the pickup wire, and it stops at the max turns. Not a huge accomplishment in programming, but it works. Having a 3D printer, I also designed custom Bobbin holders to fit snug. Here's my monstrosity.