DemonFX AT-DS(JHS AT+ clone) pedal?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Wound_Up, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Tele-Meister

Has anybody used one of these JHS clones? All of the demos sound great so I just ordered one. The original is able to use 9 or 18v and I was curious as to whether the clone copied that part, as well. Can it use 18v, also? I'm assuming it can since they copied the entire circuit but I figured I would ask around and see if anybody had actual experience with this pedal.

So? Anybody got this one? The last pedal I bought from Demon, the King of Drive(King of Tone clone), sounds fantastic so I'm going for another that I've had my eye on. This will be my 3rd Demon pedal. The first being their TS clone with the TS808 & TS9 circuits in a single pedal.

They also just released their "Prince of Sound" pedal, a copy of the Prince of Tone.

So does anybody have the AT-DS? How is it? Does it take 18v like the original? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

I bought that TS808/TS9 Demon-fx pedal and it's very good sounding and well made. I got a $3 discount as a first time buyer from AliExpress, so it cost me $22 with tax and shipping included. I have my eye on both the Prince of Sound and the King of Drive, but waiting till after New Years to see if either will drop in price and if shipping times will improve. Right now they are forecasting a 6 week delivery and that could become longer given the holidays and shipping/delivery issues.

To answer your question, the specs listed for that Demon-fx AT-DS clone pedal only call out 9Vdc, as opposed to the JHS AT-DS clearly stating that you can safely use 9 > 18 VDC.

3. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Tele-Meister

Damn. I saw that about the 9v but was sure I saw that the Demon could handle 18v, also. But I sure can't find it, now. Makes you wonder how exact they copied the circuit. If it's as exact as the King of Drive vs KOT, it may handle 18v. I'm not sure I wanna try it, though lol. I might.
    Yea I ordered the AT-DS 9 days ago. It got to Los Angeles 2 days ago and through Customs in 24 hrs. The last few orders have all been in my hands within 2 or 3 weeks. Normally within 14 days.

The King of Drive, I ordered on Amazon and paid $10 extra so I wouldn't have to wait. The $10 was well worth it, too.

Demonfx KING OF DRIVE Dual Overdrive 4 Position Dip option New and Nice https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C468F6W/?tag=tdpri-20

The green Demon Tube Screamer was one of the first pedals I bought. I use mine ALLLLLL the time, still. It stacks well with the Mosky Golden Horse and the Demon King of Drive, too.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021 at 5:41 AM
    PCollen likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.