1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Demeter Amps

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by DavidL, Mar 18, 2003.

1. DavidL

DavidL TDPRI Member

Anyone ever heard of Demeter Amps, I see that Ry Cooder has used them and the Demeter Tremelo Unit - I really dig his sound, was thinking of looking into the 50 Watt 1 X 12 combo ...

Unadan likes this.
  2. Monster Mike Welch

Monster Mike Welch Tele-Meister

Demeters are pretty fantastic sounding; I'm normally not a fan of channel-switchers, but the amp you mentioned is the rootsiest, warmest channel-switcher I've ever heard.

M
    http://www.monstermikewelch.com

Unadan likes this.
  3. Ben Harmless

Ben Harmless Friend of Leo's

I've heard that Demeter amps can push out enough gain to swollow a Mesa whole, and have a Bogner for desert. I've also heard that they've got incredable cleans and demi-dirtys. That's a real interesting combination that's just begging for some research. Unfortunately, for the price, I think the research will have to wait untill I discover cold fusion.

For what it's worth, the second incarnation of the Misfits (without Glen Danzig) used Demeter amps. Their guitar tone was highly intimidating, but has to be the best high-gain tone I've ever heard. Take a listen to the albums American Psycho and Famous Monsters for a sample. No cleans on either one though...

Unadan likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.