Deluxe Reverb Rogue Wire

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by OldPup, Aug 2, 2020.

1. OldPup

OldPup Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I am lucky enough to have picked up a 69 Deluxe Reverb the other week. It's got this roque black wire off the footswitch where it plugs into the chassis. It looks like there is a little nubbin it used to attach to at the reverb RCA input. My instinct is to strip the black wire and solder it to the nubbin. Can anybody offer informed guidance on this? Detailed explanations of the finer points of the fix are welcomed and appreciated.

upload_2020-8-2_13-7-30.png

2. Jon Snell

Jon Snell Tele-Meister

That connects to the rca plug above it, ground point, Reverb Pedal socket ground.

OldPup likes this.
  3. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

that is not a stack footswitch cable arrangement. The Vib switch ground is made in the pedal in a stock arrangement. I would have to Open the footswitch and put a meter on those wires to know what has been done.

nojazzhere and corliss1 like this.
  4. slider313

slider313 Tele-Afflicted

The black "ground" leaves the reverb "open" as it needs to be grounded to turn it off. The tremolo is the opposite; it needs to be grounded to turn it on. They both share a ground at the switch.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    Wally likes this.
  5. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Yeah, not stock. Kinda looks like the user was having grounding issues so put in extra ground wires...?

6. OldPup

OldPup Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Thank you for your responses! I'm not experiencing any defect with the amp as far as reverb or vibrato functioning. I'm going to strip the wire and solder it to the little stub at the RCA plug since no one seems to object to that idea.

Edit: to clarify, the amp's vibrato and reverb function well and can be switched on and off with the footswitch as it is.

7. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

I would simply clip that wire off or turn it and stuff it down that red shrink wrap.

OldPup likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.