Deluxe Reissue - How to convert 230v to 240 UK

Twangisgood

TDPRI Member
Hi to you all again... I’ve got a 68 custom deluxe reverb and would like to change the power supply to run at 240v

Having spent a bit of time looking over the net, I can’t seem to find any specific details in changing my euro 230v amp to 240v? From the schematic, it looks like just a case of swapping CP2 with CP8 and that’s it?.. Could someone confirm this for me please? And also whether this might help reduce the plate voltages on the amp itself?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 15.37.16.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 15.37.16.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 16

Ten Over

Tele-Afflicted
Hi to you all again... I’ve got a 68 custom deluxe reverb and would like to change the power supply to run at 240v

Having spent a bit of time looking over the net, I can’t seem to find any specific details in changing my euro 230v amp to 240v? From the schematic, it looks like just a case of swapping CP2 with CP8 and that’s it?.. Could someone confirm this for me please? And also whether this might help reduce the plate voltages on the amp itself?

Many thanks.
Yes on swapping CP2 with CP8.

This will reduce the plate voltages a little. It will also reduce the heater voltage a little.

Twangisgood

TDPRI Member
Your UK supply should be 230v

The voltage used throughout Europe (including the UK) has been harmonised since January 2003 at a nominal 230v 50 Hz (formerly 240V in UK, 220V in the rest of Europe)
‘Should be’ perhaps! But my wall sockets are kicking out 247 volts.
I find it strange that Fender would still produce a transformer that can be wired to 240v, but you’re suggesting that I leave it at 230v? Despite what the energy companies suggest, the ac power here is always around 240v (or a little more)

zhyla

Tele-Meister
‘Should be’ perhaps! But my wall sockets are kicking out 247 volts.
I find it strange that Fender would still produce a transformer that can be wired to 240v, but you’re suggesting that I leave it at 230v? Despite what the energy companies suggest, the ac power here is always around 240v (or a little more)
Are you talking RMS or peak to peak?

In any case, 10 volts either way should not make a difference in a tube amp.