1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Delay Pedal on the Cheap

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Garage Dog, Oct 2, 2014.

1. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Someone here recently (think maybe Keith) opened up one of the Donner Pedals to compare with the Mooers.. They are different pedals not rebranded versions of the same.

2. Garage Dog

Garage Dog TDPRI Member

Here is the last email it arrived yesterday.I wanted some time to settle down before I sent this last reply.Some of the post here left me shaking my head in disgust.
    First off This is the only forum I posted this add on.I did run across it on two different forums.
    The need to be stealthy about it was not a concern realizing it was being displayed on 2 different forums.I posted it here in good faith trying to spread the wealth so to speak on what I considered an exceptional deal.
    By placing an order on Amazon for a delay pedal I have been accused of committing some form of fraud and been the brunt of certain individuals snarky remarks while promoting the own personal self righteousness.Let us get one thing straight I HONESTLY did not know if this was a mistake or a great deal on a new brand but it most definitely was advertised as a delay pedal.

Here is the last email received

Dear friend,

There is some thing wrong with our system. We do not sell this item now. Please kindly check your account or card 1 day later.

To some up the email the have refunded my money or will be in the near future.
    This is after I contacted Amazon when the company had claimed they had sent my pedal out.I contacted Amazon because the link to the delay pedal had been extremely altered.

They attempted to change the 5 pics of the pedal to that of the transducers.
    They alleviated the actual model number completely (I44).
    They actually changed the product description
    The also took the liberty of changing the product's specifications.
    They also changed the packaging list also.
    They also changed the the main heading.

Realizing what they were up to I contacted Amazon immediately.
    Fortunately Amazon realized what was going on extremely quickly.
    Apparently this issue was basically a black or white issue.
    I believe what they were pulling is know as a "bait and switch" in the business world.

I believe the one poster got this right when they said it was probably an honest mistake but the company took a very dishonest approach to rectifying the problem.

END of STORY

3. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I have one of these Movall pedals and it is different in construction from a Mooer.

4. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

Garage Dog, you did nothing wrong at all and I feel sorry for "some remarks" you had to endure.
    this is not standard on TDPRI. don't let it get at you and keep the faith.

That company screwed up royally.
    yes, mistakes happen, but that was no elegant way out of such a situation. they're hurting their own business.

5. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

:lol::lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.