1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Dela Hoya vs. Mayweather

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by bender72, May 1, 2007.

1. bender72

bender72 Tele-Holic

Any boxing fans out there??

I think Mayweather moving up that much weight is going to show, I believe he will still have his quickness, but the punches that knocked guys out in his division will hardly phase Dela Hoya. Also, when he gets hit with a few punches from Dela Hoya, he will know he's in for a long night.

Don't get me wrong, Mayweather is probably one of the best pound for pound fighters of today, but I think it is too much for him to move up. Plus, I can't stand the arrogance he conveys. He's showing Oscar no respect, but I think it will come late Saturday night.

Prediction: Oscar KO's Mayweather within 7 rounds.

2. CancerLeoCam

CancerLeoCam Friend of Leo's

I vote Mayweather will KO Golden Annoy. No offense but can't stand DLH.

3. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

this is like Jeff Gordon racing Jimmy Johnson. Either way Gordon (De La Hoya) wins.

4. Filthy McNasty

Filthy McNasty Tele-Holic

I should probably file this one under the Irrational Hatred thread but I want Mayweather to knock De La Hoya's block off.

5. Bogo

Bogo Tele-Meister

I never cared for DLH. Just no real dedication and came across, to me anyway, that boxing was a side job. I predict he loses since he tends to choke.

6. stratomaster

stratomaster Tele-Meister

I like Oscar. I hope he wins. I agree that Mayweather is moving up allot in weight. Quickness does count but when a fighter puts on allot of unnatural weight it allot of times doesn't add to his punching strength. I agee with you bender72. I think Oscars power will wear him down by the late rounds. The only thing I fear is that Mayweather will accumulate allot of points and if Oscar doesn't KO him, Mayweather may end up looking pretty beatup in the fight but win on points.

7. Sarge

Sarge Friend of Leo's

Boxing is a joke anymore..after watching Gollota VS (I forget who...it's early), the intensional headbuts, 3 deliberate hooks to the family jewels and the incompetent referee. Both times Gollota fought this guy he was disqualified. I watch Ultimate Fighter and the similar full contact fights now days. But my $$$ would be on Mayweather.

8. PapaBeef

PapaBeef Friend of Leo's

I'll get back into boxing when Don King gets out of it.
    There were always shady goings on. But King doesn't even try to be slick about it.
    When I saw him walk up to the judges after the Chavez Whittiker fight in 93 or there abouts, & have them change their decision after the announcement so his guy, Chavez could remain undefeated after clearly getting his butt kicked, I was done with boxing.

9. morroben

morroben Friend of Leo's

I predict De La Hoya will never win another fight, at least not against any above average boxer. Hopkins took him...Mosley took him.
    Mayweather in 6.

10. tdu

tdu Friend of Leo's

I find it really hard to watch boxing anymore. Too many organizations, too many fighters, too many matches with 'stars' fighting complete hacks. It's watered down beyond belief.

I do enjoy watching MMA though. I know a lot of people still regard it as some 'brutal bloodbath', but it's come a long way. They put out great PPV's, and it's just way more interesting to watch.

11. bender-freak

bender-freak Friend of Leo's

happened when he fought Riddick Bowe....yeah...pretty sad, especially the performance by the handlers/corner guys after the referee disqualified Golotta...i kinda miss the old days of boxing when "winner takes all" and the losing fighter actually LOST THE FIGHT..!!!!...now when they fight...win, lose, draw...both fighters go home with more money than i'll see in 3 lifetimes..:confused:

12. morroben

morroben Friend of Leo's

Closer than I thought. I'm surprised De La Hoya did that well.
    Unfortunately, it wasn't a bloodbath, just a good boxing match. Great for a boxing fan like me but probably not going to renew interest in the sport.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.