DeFacebooked?

ChazFromCali

Tele-Meister
I know I have no self control, so I set it to auto-delete in 30 days and nuked my access. No log-in within the time limit, it's gone forever.

I deleted my password from the password manager, and it was some horrendous random string—something generated automatically like:
Z*[email protected]#3sBZkzQQy$oQhyt!NDAXgu*XksWCMUm9SKRBkvNFtr*t4RjV4kjG!4z^gKCDi!o%6ihEVJQE9yjV2khRYLNm25jH9qpAJQyPGGGQXTnsTAP8Q#Z8Xje4rQa^[email protected]%[email protected]@#E!NrBqVA5azABPpeyojdhp23CiE*[email protected]*[email protected]%P^ppQ8yvm3Zy#kT%[email protected]@kfF4dc%R^Kjp3fHVqoiziFntg%*[email protected]^UgmUm9AoAQvFxF%HcC3K7#@xL&[email protected]^[email protected]*YLUw2a8M8Ksuq$n%9F*X8D3v5gxVcjAva6niGtvSysGjG5KGb&7^Fhg6**ocNwmPrs!ck*sKMe2Mf&5ZVNYddQGfYTW5VYpJKEHyQrsuVmHkTCzfW6H^y3YBHyu%[email protected]!RgZVD2*ogJb

There's no way I could guess those, and I removed the 2FA as well, so I couldn't use the "forgot my password" option.
Cold Turkey.

old soul

Tele-Afflicted
I use it as a means to see kick ass guitars and musicians. Anybody I want to communicate with, really I already do. There is a lot of wacky stuff on there I just scroll right on past

adjason

Poster Extraordinaire
I joined about two years ago- I like the marketplace (I'm a bit of a craigslist junkie too), I like some songwriting and guitar groups. I pretty much drive all the folks I know away by posting original songs every few weeks :) If it weren't for marketplace, I'd probably quit

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I have an account there, but I only use it for easier access to stuff that gets linked there from other places.

I’m pretty sure that if I started posting there I would have my posts deleted and my account suspended within fifteen minutes, ‘cause I don’t think I see things the same way they do.

FuzzWatt

Tele-Holic
Some people do react as if I'm in a cult when they ask why I'm not on their timeline anymore. "What do you mean deleted? Do you have a new account? Why not?" More time to make terrible music, says I.

I know what you mean. People my age grew up with it. I never had it. People would look at me like I was some sort of leper or idiot when I told them I don't have it and would ask "why not" in a sardonic manner. Some got pretty judgy about it, especially musicians.

KokoTele

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
Yeah, but they might never have touched the default settings, KokoTele.

It happens all the time - the band says: "tour dates on our Facebook page!"
When you go there, its not public, you have to log in.
Which I don't 'cos I'm not a user.
I guess many of their fans are already on Facebook, so no-one notices?

:::

It means they set up their page like they would for person rather than for an artist or business.