Decals for amp chassis

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by LeftyAl, Oct 11, 2019.

1. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

Hi, I hav this old amp. It's not worth much. But i'd like to clean it up.The chassis is slightly rusted. Just some surface rust. I want to clean it back up and put waterslide decals for the volume ,tone etc. Not sure if i'm describing what I'm trying to do. I just want to make it look good again

2. corliss1

corliss1 Friend of Leo's

Sure - what's wrong with that? You'd likely need to get everything completely clean, fully removing the old print, and then design your own decals and have them printed somewhere or get some waterslide paper, but it's a very doable project.

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Holic

Buy some dry transfer letters from a local hobby store and give the panel a slight covering of some clear to protect the lettering.

4. RottenTheCat

RottenTheCat Tele-Holic

Antique Electronics sells restoration decals that "may" be suitable

5. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

It's funny how they offer decals for specific radio models, but not generic sets of labels with common controls found on other products, like amplifiers. Sounds like a nice product or service someone could offer. Rub-on transfers are easy enough, but a little difficult spelling out a word and keep all the letters in line.

nojazzhere likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.