Death Wish Coffee

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Sep 15, 2020 at 1:32 PM.

1. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Tele-Afflicted

Ironic about the hype on the label, since it is somwhat common knowledge that the darker the roast the less the caffeine it has. Lite roast and medium roast have more caffeine, and are far less likely to taste bitter. I hate that scorched flavor like you get at Starbucks, where the thought process seems to be how badly can we abuse these coffee beans and still trick people into paying money for it.

2. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

This just about sums it up.

3. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Ha!

Montreal seasoning is great! Isn’t it

4. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Bulletproof wasnt touted as some huge jolt of brain activity. Its geared toward fat as a long term fuel source, hence the butter, which is unnecessary imo. The key ingredient is MCT oil. One of those in the am on my long ride days (4-6hrs) and I'm good.

I'm surprised people are saying that brown water passed off at Starbucks is strong. Their espresso is horrible as well.

Peets Espresso Forte when I can find it or Espresso Maximo from Cole Coffee in Oakland.

5. RhinestoneStrat

RhinestoneStrat Tele-Meister

I like dark roast coffee with bold flavours. I've had some real good Italian ground coffee that was excellent. Of course the cups I drink my coffee out of are always bedazzled.:)

[​IMG]

6. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Afflicted

Regarding store bought coffee, I have worked so many job sites, bases, remote testing sites, etc., that I will literally drink whatever coffee is on hand. That said, I personally don’t think Dunking Donuts coffee is very good...certainly not worth the hype. Starbucks I’m fine with...I can see why people think it tastes burnt, but that flavor doesn’t bother me. Basically I just like the coffee to have a strong coffee flavor, and I like it plain...maybe a splash of cream or an ice cube if it is scalding hot just so I can drink it right away.

7. Pualee

Pualee Tele-Holic

That burn flavor is to leave a trace of 'coffee' taste after they mix it with sugar, cream, holiday seasonings, top it with whipped cream, sprinkles, and name it frappuccino. And now people think that is how it is supposed to taste.

If it wasn't 'burnt', you wouldn't know there was coffee in it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020 at 11:11 AM
    soundchaser59 likes this.
  8. Rocky058

Rocky058 Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

soundchaser59 likes this.
  9. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I drank Java coffee in Indonesia once when everyone ( including my favourite barmaid) encouraged me to
    stay up after 12:00 p.m. to watch the World Cup with a whole heap of European people. I stayed up for the Balinese barmaid. My heart pounded. Java gives you a real kick in the heart.
    Also my sister bought that coffee in " The Bucket List". It's not cat excrete but a timid cat like rodent that eats the coffee and s...ts out whatever. It is very expensive. $75 per 30 grams, that's $75 per ounce. She bought two ounces ( $ 150 AUD) - two cups worth.
    After my experience with Java coffee I have not had a coffee since.
    Ginger Tea - good for digestion and mild sniffles.

10. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I prefer the taste of a dark roast. But if I want or need a caffeine jolt I drink a light or medium roast. The darker the coffee is roasted, the less caffeine it contains.

11. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

In that case, I salute you!

[​IMG]

The Angle and Dan R like this.
  12. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Yikes. I used to consume this much coffee but no longer. It’s bad on your prostate, heart and stomach.
    I now drink one cup of caffeinated coffee and one cup of decaf.
    My brands:
    Community Dark Roast (my Louisiana roots)
    Starbucks Decaf
    Both are smooth.

13. Mr. St. Paul

Mr. St. Paul Tele-Meister

I still have a coffee grinder, french press, espresso machine, etc. Several years ago we were helping out a friend with her daughter's graduation party. My wife bought several things from Costco, including a 3-pound can of Kirkland ground coffee. There wasn't much of it used for the party and we took the rest home. Didn't want it to go to waste, so we used it. Once I got the right ratio, it was really good and it's the only coffee we've bought since. If I need an extra boost, I'll put a shot of espresso in it.

I found a brand of coffee in a shop on Bourbon Street. It was called "WAKE THE **** UP!" I bought a pound for a friend of mine. He didn't use all of it...said it was giving him heart palpitations!

14. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Lavazza and Illy make the best Italian stuff that's readily available in the US. When I'm traveling for work I always stop at the Lavazza cafe in the airport in Detroit.

15. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

My wife and I think that most Starbucks coffee tastes burnt, too. They're the prime offender for overroasting.

16. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

17. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.