Dean Avalanche upgrade.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by jhiatt1, Aug 7, 2020.

1. jhiatt1

jhiatt1 Tele-Meister

Hi. I actually have a rare Dean Avalanche A1 Deluxe. They only made a limited number in 1999. I know you are thinking Dean Avalanche? Normally I would agree that they are normally cheaply made, however the one I have is really solid. It has grover tuners and some really nice alpha pots. I did upgrade the pickups to gfs hot rails in the neck and middle and power rails in the bridge and am currently adding add in switch to add the neck pickup in positions 4&5 and switches to split each coil individually for the absloute most tonal versatility. Also going to add in a treble bleed circuit. Will post photos soon. Also anyone have a ball park estimate on what I could get for the origonal pickups that were in it? I was guestimating about $40-$50 for the set. Thanks and stay safe and healthy.

2. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I love it when somebody is pleased w/ the gear they HAVE and not spending inordinate time looking at catalog pics - OP's got a guitar he feels is solid and that's Great.
    :cool:
    Peace - Deeve

3. jhiatt1

jhiatt1 Tele-Meister

Why spend all that money on a new guitar that MIGHT be ok.( lets face it a lot of these new expensive guitars have some of the same issues the cheaper guitars dit 10 years ago) Put that money in to an ok guitar you have and make it amazing. A lot of little things you can do to mod your circuitry is fairly cheap. You can even getgreat pickups fairly cheap. They wont be the boutique name brand but sound just as good or better.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.