Dealing With Reverb Purchase Problem

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Texicaster, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Holic

¡Bueno!

I bought a used Boomerang pedal on Reverb. Guy shipped it and the power supply loose in the box! Not one shred of packing! Obviously rattled around like heck and a couple minor marks from the power supply bouncing off it. Being a complicated pedal I can't tell if damaged beyond cosmetics yet.

Contacted seller who said he will refund BUT what happens when he gets it back "damaged" due to HIS negligence?

Should I report to Reverb in case this guy decides to pull a fast one? He could easily say I damaged it...

How does some one ship something with zero packing in a box much bigger than the item??!!! With something to bounce around inside??!!

....sigh.....

TEX

telemnemonics likes this.
  2. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Take photos of the item since it arrived damaged, send pics to seller via Reverb messaging. If seller tries funny stuff, contact Reverb support. They’ll take care of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piggy Stu, Steve Holt, Geo and 4 others like this.
  3. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's

Everything I ship is photographed going into the box and fully packed up. Everything that I buy get photographed coming out of the box. I never do it any other way for the very reason that you bring up.

In fact, a recent seller did it one better and sent me the photographs of the item being packed and when fully packed for shipment....that was pretty cool.

In your situation, get the seller to answer an email stating that he shipped it without packing materials. Once you get that, a simple photograph of the cosmetic damage that you observed is sufficient.

Geo, Wally, bender66 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Holic

Thanks!

It seems to work ok and I can live with cosmetics at this point... How robust is a solid state effects pedal like this? I hate to assume something is on the point of breaking but I guess it could be.... 2 days in the hands of the PO and the box was sorta beat.... geez...

Seriously..... what sort of idiot just tosses a high dollar item loosely in a big box with a heavy object to bounce around off it?!

Bummer....

TEX

Telekarster and Shuster like this.
  5. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Amazon? :lol:

Bassman8, Verne Bunsen and Shuster like this.
  6. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

People!

A guy once shipped two JBL K120s to me, wired together, in a football helmet box with no additional packing.
    Duh!
    They came apart, and one of the cones was ripped.
    Idiot!

Skydog1010 and Texicaster like this.
  7. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's

A lot of idiots out there in the auction land or just too cheap to do it right. I purchased a new chainsaw a year ago and it came in a box with no packing components at all either. Even had 2 bags of chains in the box flying all over the place. At some point, the box was clearly dropped hard and the body of the chainsaw slammed into one of the chain bags as it hit the cement floor. It actually broke the magnesium cover plate over the bar adjusters. It takes a lot to break magnesium panels on a chainsaw, yet an idiot managed to pull it off.

Scary part is that it was purchased from the factory dealership!!!

Texicaster likes this.
  8. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Holic

Didn't I read here at TDPRI a guy got a guitar shipped to him that was basically just wrapped in brown paper, a gig bag maybe... not even a box?! I think it survived too!

9. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

We have a Bingo!! Johnny tell him what he won:D

10. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Meister

Pedals are designed to be stepped on and typically can take a bit more abuse than other gear.

Still sucks that the seller didn't make any effort to pack it better. I mean how hard is it to at least throw some crumpled newspaper in there to keep it from banging around.

11. Verne Bunsen

Verne Bunsen Tele-Holic

I have a Boomerang III and it is quite robust. I kind of think that is beside the point here though. How he packaged it for shipping should tell you a lot about how he cared for it while he was using it. If it were me, I would indicate that it was not received in the condition described, return if for a full refund, and try again from a more reputable seller. Do CYA by taking photographs.

12. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Meister

LOL!!! You'd be surprized just how many idiots there are in the world ;) I've dealt with plenty exactly the same experience you've had here! It's truly astounding...

13. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Why didn’t you try it out before starting a thread about complications that may not even exist? If it works what’s the real problem?

14. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Holic

I don't know...why didn't you read the first post before you posted?

:D

Ever used one or seen the manual?

It will take weeks to figure it out. No telling if something is damaged not working properly or I haven't figured it out....

You have to learn what terms they use and what everything does. I've already stumbled upon a couple weird things. Couple a trips to manual solved several...others no clue....yet...

15. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Holic

OK,

Seller didn't respond till 2 days later. Meanwhile I contacted Reverb and they said they're on it and will be in touch within 48 hours.

I contacted the seller and suggested a partial refund since he'll be out $30 shipping and now it's no longer mint. Woulda taken my chances for a $50 refund...He filed a claim himself and says "No I’m not interested in a partial refund we will let reverb take care of this and you can get your money back"....

So does Reverb have to approve returns/refunds? is it a red flag this guy doesn't offer to make good on his own? He had a lot more to say pre-purchase, some back and forth gear hound jokes. I was polite in contacting him aside from one solid "what were you thinking?" Have been asking for his ideas to resolve...

16. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Sounds like ur saying you requested a return for refund and he approved. What’s the problem?

As an aside, what was “what were you thinking?” supposed to accomplish?

17. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Meh, I take this with a grain of salt, as far as conditions described by buyer. I sold a Fender Telecaster Elite on reverb. In excellent condition and listed as such on reverb (that was my first mistake). Shipped in OHSC and packed well inside guitar box from a music store. Buyer gets it, I swear he has buyer remorse, files for a refund claiming yes, it’s in very good condition but not excellent as I described. He includes a photo of the back of the neck by serial number. I swear it looks like it either fell or a dog chewed it up, from the photo. Well, I dispute, reverb backs the seller. So I’m totally worried about getting a broke-a$$ guitar back, right. I get the guitar back, unbox it. And BAM! The “damage” is barely noticeable, just I sent it out. But the LIGHT he used, and then he must have pumped up the contrast, made it look awful. I went back and compared the guitar to the photo and I swear he must have just had buyers remorse because the “damage” was, well, I hesitate to call it that. I was soooo mad! Re-listed and sold it a few days later, this time with it listed as very good instead of excellent: no complaints, excellent feedback instead. F’n buyers! So when you describe this damage and take the pics, make sure to get it in the right, best for the worst damage kind of light!

18. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Of course, I don’t just throw my stuff into a box and mail either. If I was you, I’d definitely send it back UNLESS i got it for a steal, a price that I could afford and wouldn’t be able to afford this gear without that price.

19. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

I've heard bad things about Reverb too.
    I do my buying on Ebay for this reason...Ebay will fight like Tigers for You if You've been mistreated.
    They are amazing whereas Reverb is all "Dude..."

20. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Holic

S'possed to accomplish/convey "yer a @#$&%'ng idiot" in a nice way. :D

One does NOT ship high dollar items un protected and there's no excuse and you don't get coddled for being a fool. Wasn't an accident or mistake; pure negligence and not giving a ratsass about your customers..

Problem is....with other online platforms I've dealt with the seller facilitates any returns; does not require the mothership to hold hands through the process. When mothership gets involved it suggests they're going to try to pull a fast one to my way of thinking. I had to ask the seller for 2 days what's the process and only got "filed a claim"....

Should be a simple straight forward business deal.

TEX

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.