Deal of the Century...Not!

Refugee

Tele-Meister
I guess it came from Germany? I doubt it was Rudy Schenker's, LOL! 1978 and number 0038 sounds about right, date-wise. Apparently, it was originally in combo format.

allesz

Tele-Holic
OMG! The price Is mad, but isn't it a beauty?
I would pay 100 Euros to have 60 minutes with It, a nice Cab (25 Euros extra to plug different cabs... 4x10, 2x12... 4x12 of course) and my axe (50 Euros extra charge to get a true vintage guitar).
Reverb should really make a Guitar Disneyland... 5 Euros for the photo of you in the moment you get at 11 :)))

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
It’d be fun to try one, just like it’d be fun to try a million dollar Ferrari. Just to say you did it.

If we’re talking absurdly expensive amps that I would want to have, Trainwreck amps always sound incredible to me in clips.

Refugee

Tele-Meister
Well, the Ken Fisher Trainwrecks are friggin' awesome. They sound like they are about to explode, which is a great sound, for sure. I think you can get most of the way there with a Z Wreck. Just like you can get most of the way to Dumble tone with a Two Rock. I am just astounded by the prices that these unicorn's can actually fetch these days!

KC

Friend of Leo's
I mean (a) there are not a lot of them and (b) people with a lot of money want to buy them. It's not a lot more complicated than that. To my mind, more practical than the stamp where the little airplane was accidentally printed upside-down, the Inverted Jenny, currently worth a million six. At least you can do something with the Dumble besides look at it.

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Well, the Ken Fisher Trainwrecks are friggin' awesome. They sound like they are about to explode, which is a great sound, for sure. I think you can get most of the way there with a Z Wreck. Just like you can get most of the way to Dumble tone with a Two Rock. I am just astounded by the prices that these unicorn's can actually fetch these days!
While I've never played or seen either amp in real life, the stories about Ken's generosity are inspiring. No gooped circuit boards from the Trainwreck workshop...:D

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
It’d be fun to try one, just like it’d be fun to try a million dollar Ferrari. Just to say you did it.

If we’re talking absurdly expensive amps that I would want to have, Trainwreck amps always sound incredible to me in clips.
I've mentioned before.....back in the early nineties, a friend and I were both on Ken Fischer's waiting list. The way it worked was.....you got on the list, and when your name came up, Ken would contact you, and you'd tell him which model you wanted.....Liverpool, Express or Rocket. They were each $1700 then. (no, I didn't forget any zeros) My name came up, Ken called, and I just couldn't justify that price at the time, so I cancelled. He said no prob.....call him back if I changed my mind. That $1700 would today be worth $30-40,000. (story of my life :( )

Blue Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
LOL. There's someone selling a BFRI Twin Reverb for $500, up here on Craigslist. What a world.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter

I dated a girl once and everyone said she looked very very very much like a famous person who is considered 'amazing'. She was cool and we had a nice relationship and, eventually it ended.

She was not the actual person.

That is the difference.