1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Deadpool. Best superhero movie I have seen yet

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by wayloncash, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

My son took me to see it last night, I don't know which of us was the most embarrassed. I suppose it was entertaining in an odd sort of way, but I think the world would not have suffered too greatly had it not been made. I can see superman and batman in the future sporting...

I'm pretty sure when the girl saw his face she woulda said, SHEESH I'm outa here bub! Put yourself in a similar situation and imagine giving Rosie a big ol' frenchy.

MY question has to be, since DP and his foe seem to have the same powers how come a railroad spike in the brain didn't phase DP, but an ankle gun to brain.... Oh, that's right it's a movie.

2. cyclopean

cyclopean Poster Extraordinaire

I don't think the villain had a healing factor, and having a healing factor is deadpool's main power.

3. Toto'sDad

If the villain didn't have a healing factor, how did he survive being stuck clear through at the top of a long with a sword early on and all the other abuse Mr. Pool dished out in their fight scene on the bridge? How did the villain not only survive, but win the fight in the flashback scene during the fire?

4. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

He didn't feel pain, which means that he can take a lot of abuse. He still needed to be patched up afterwards.

My wife and I just saw it yesterday, and we loved it. But then, we enjoy those kinds of movies.

5. Toto'sDad

Since it all happened so fast and all officer, I could be mistaken, but it seems to me when the woman sewed up the villain's back where the sword exited his back, it would have had to have sawed through his lung, and a couple of ribs, to produce such a wound. But, then again it's a movie, and well, we know how that is. To tell the truth though, it WAS trashy enough to suit just about anyone! :D

6. kelnet

One man's trash... :D

And if the placement of the wound is making you question this movie, definitely do not watch any of the other dozen recent superhero movies. :lol:

7. Toto'sDad

I'm just messin' wid yuse K-man. If I wanted to watch something factual I'd watch a Pee Wee Herman movie, though him and Mr. Dead Pool seem to have a lot in common. ;)

8. kelnet

I gotcha, TD. :lol:

9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

As mention before, it's 14A in Canuckistan.

10. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

I wonder if they've edited it quite a bit for that then?

11. BigDaddyLH

No. This is pretty typical with their separate rating boards.

12. DannyStereo

Cool! I know nothing of the Canadian system, so that's why I asked :)

13. BigDaddyLH

I'm going to try to find some comparisons later. I know European rating are different, too.

I did find this:

Q: Which of the two countries is more lenient?
    A: The U.S. is typically more open to violence while Canada is more open to nudity and foul language. For instance, 21 Jump Street, A Dangerous Method and Jeff, Who Lives At Home were rated Restricted in the U.S. but only 14A in Canada.

http://www.killerreviews.com/kr-news.php?newsid=1077

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  14. PaisleyAddict

PaisleyAddict Tele-Meister

my mother's 66 years old. i took her to see deadpool and she thought it was hilarious. no embarrassment for either of us. i'm not sure why you or your son should be embarrassed. it's just a stupid movie.

deadpool can survive and grow back anything. that's what the healing factor does for him. ajax doesn't have that power. he has superhuman reflexes and extensive nerve damage. hence, deadpool can survive a spike through his skull but ajax can't survive a bullet to the head.

the movie shows ajax getting his back sewn up. it doesn't show us any attention to the rest of his wounds because that's not really the point of the movie and it would've slowed the movie's pace to a grinding halt.

15. DannyStereo

Same in Mexico. I saw American Pie down there when it was new. I was 12. Hehehe

16. Toto'sDad

My son is a licensed professional engineer, I was a professional consultant before retiring. Strong language, and bathroom humor isn't a strong suit for either of us. In the world both of us traveled in, well, just not appropriate for either of us.

Having said that, I now understand the difference between the (hero?) and the villain as far as physical characteristics go. I even found the movie entertaining, but that was made so with being in my son's company more than the actual movie. I probably wouldn't go see a movie like that on my own, certainly wouldn't take my wife now that I know what it is.

17. Springer

Springer TDPRI Member

I'm sure there were several other films in the theatre without an R Rating if hearing and seeing that type of stuff is embarrassing. The R is usually given to movies that contain language, violence, and sexy time! Shoulda known better. By the way, I'm not world traveled like you and your son, but a little low brow humor is great in the right setting.

18. kelnet

T-D, my sense is that even if you were the night janitor at the local wrestling arena, and associated with longshoremen and slaughterhouse workers, you still wouldn't be into strong language and bathroom humor. And certainly Toto wouldn't stand for it.

:D

19. johnny k

johnny k Poster Extraordinaire

i didn t see any spoiler alert before reading the previous comments. I won t have to see it now. Thank you. I still want to see the unspoiled parts. :lol:

20. Toto'sDad

After Toto read the posts on this thread, he advised me that he was glad he wasn't asked to go along with my (other) son and I to the movie. ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.