Deadpool. Best superhero movie I have seen yet

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by wayloncash, Feb 15, 2016.

1. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Just saw deadpool today, took the whole family too. All of us really enjoyed it even my wife. Everyone in the theatre was laughing the whole movie, and every time the jokes got to be a little much it would taper into music number or serious, or love story just long enough for you to miss the jokes then it would hit you.

That is by far the best superhero movie ever really aware of itself, its place in the genre, and how much depended on the movie doing well. Yes there was gratuitous violence, nudity, and sillyness but all in the right doses to be loyal to the comic book for fans and open new fans to the title.

My wife thought it was the funniest movie she has seen in a while, not scary movie type funny but cynical and fresh at the same time.
    Anyone else see it?

Colo Springs E likes this.
  2. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

I haven't been impressed with the trailers or Ryan Reynolds in superhero movies, but I've also heard from a bunch of people that this was the best one yet. I'm intrigued.

3. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

"music number"?? :?:

4. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Tele-Holic

Yup. Fantastic movie! Wife and I loved it. Long long long overdue for a movie like this. Will go again for sure.

5. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

"love story"?? :?:

6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

This is going to help Ryan Reynolds' career. It is his Iron Man moment.

7. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Tele-Holic

I have no doubt that it's a good film for it's kind - there aren't that many superhero comedies after all. That said, nothing I've seen of it shows me anything that can beat out "Guardians of the Galaxy" as the best Supers movie. Perhaps as good as the Captain America movies but not up to Guardians.

8. BartS

BartS Friend of Leo's

What about all three blade movies? Ryan Reynolds was in the third one besides that there is no way on earth Any movie Ryan Reynolds has ever done that will be better than anything Wesley Smiles has done. Personally I rather shoot myself in the foot than Watch anything else with Ryan Reynolds in it. Nothing against the guy but he is really only good as a sidekick/childish comic relief. I don't really like childish comic relief stuff last much and you watch one Ryan Reynolds movie every character he plays is the exact same character and there is like three other guys that do the exact same character.

So blade trinity was enough Ryan Reynolds of me to of ever watched. I wish they would of made another blade or pretty much any new movie starring Wesley Snipes instead. People may rag on me for saying but Snipes is a very good and very diverse actor. Major league, white men can't jump, demolition man. So he stands out in comedy, drama, action. For me the difference between a guy like Snipes and Reynolds is charisma, talent, acting ability, what people would call stage presence. As well as the level Wesley Snipes is at martial arts they have to invent new belts and Ryan Reynolds looks like he might have problems taking on a well trained girl scout.

I think the avengers stuff was well cast. Thor, iron man, all of them. Deadpool, guardians of the galaxy, etc, etc is all pretty much strawberry shortcake indisguise. Same with a lot of action movies these days. No offense to guys like Ryan Reynolds, or vin diesel.

I haven't seen anything in years like predator 1 or 2, tango and cash, cobra, escape from New York or LA, Demolition Man. Well with the exception of the Danny Trejo stuff. You could literally almost make any movie with Danny Trejo and Danny Glover and it would be awesome. Proof being bad #/?$;" . Also burn notice and ash vs the evil dead both those were awesome action stuff. Trejo actually was in a burn notice episode.

I'm just saying they are replacing guys like Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, Arnold, Stalone With guys like Ryan Renolds and vin diesel. It's not size or muscles. They guys just don't have the stage presence as someone like Bruce Campbell or well a long list of guys. Plus not enough blood and guts in most of these movies these days.

Joe Sailor likes this.
  9. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire

^:confused: Given that word salad, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say, but I think it's something to the effect of, "Action movies and actors were better back in my day" and "Wesley Snipes can actually do all the stuff he did in the movies."

10. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Not sure about your analogy? Robert Downey didn't need Iron Man for any noteworthy credibility. His Iron Man is my personal favorite, of all superhero movies...I don't claim to be any authority. I'm gonna check it out today, at an afternoon matinee. They filmed some of it here & Morena Baccarin's co-staring. She's been on my radar since Firefly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Robert_Downey_Jr.

11. blowtorch

Yeah the Downey IronMan movies rock.

In a not-directly-related angle, there need to be more smokin' hot babe superheros. or I guess, superheroines. you know, in the interest of equality, and girl power, and all that :D

12. BigDaddyLH

I meant it was a boost to his popularity.

13. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I had planned to pass on this movie, it looked a bit campy to me. Based on the solid reviews here, I will take a flyer on it and give it a shot.

14. blowtorch

My boys love Deadpool stuff, they've been showing me clips of things for years

15. Frank'n'censed

I agree, perhaps a touring, all female, superheroines rock outfit...The Nightmares, (a play on heroin/horse/mare). Envision the bassist, rhythm & lead guitarist's playing their collective g-strings...

16. Frank'n'censed

Cool...I recall last summer, when they were filming a big scene off the Georgia St. Viaduct, Science World's in the background...

Attached Files:

17. BigDaddyLH

Dead Pool is more Canadian than ... Wolverine!

18. Frank'n'censed

Must be the Canadian aTire, eh?

19. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

This whole post tells me enough about your taste in movies to know that you've missed the mark somewhere, no offense to you. Predator 2, Tango and Cash, Cobra, Escape from LA, Demolition Man? You're naming some of the worst, most cliché movies ever made. No offense to you.

20. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

He just likes Sly and Kurt Russell. :lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.