Deacon Frey Leaving the Eagles

SPUDCASTER

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Other than the "Frey" aspect. What really was his role for being there?

I hope he moves on with what he really wants to do.

I question the illness. I hope it's nothing serious. Maybe that will be revealed.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member

I hope he moves on with what he really wants to do.

I question the illness. I hope it's nothing serious. Maybe that will be revealed.
I think Deacon sings and plays great.
I bet we’ll all be hearing his new thing ASAP.
He might have just been learning the “big time” ropes with the “flock”.
The “illness” (hopefully) could be the palest of white lies.
It’s really all big business, as I see it.
Probably not much real drama.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Stand-in players of show bands come and go. Eagles we’re great and no knock against them. But at this point they’re a band playing Eagles songs. Maybe that’s not his jam. Maybe they’re not paying him as well as a full surviving member. Maybe Timothy Schmit kept farting on the bus?
I agree with the others, this ends his musical career as he’s easy to replace and not entirely special as a musician.

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
1. So it would seem more like the Eagles instead of "Henley & Superstar Friends."

2. So when introduced at shows he'd get a massive ovation from the sympathetic audience...similar to Moby Grape who employed Omar Spence, Skip's son.

3. Maybe some legal requirement for using the Eagles' name, similar to the long ignored Lynyrd Skynyrd contract requiring at least 2 original members to use the LS name.

4. To hopefully attract some under-60 chickies for the notorious "Third Encore".

5. Maybe Glenn & Don had some dark, secret blood pact that indentured their children to each other in the event of one's death to complete standing contractual obligations?

Maybe Timothy Schmit kept farting on the bus?
So he sometimes Schmit himself?

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
You know I'll probably get ragged on for saying this, but shouldn't there be some kind of limit on bands just keeping on going forever? I mean, c'mon man, fashions come and go, something is all the rage today, then fades away but with musicians we're supposed to keep supporting them until they die? The never retire, only threaten to. Should be like in the working world, when they get 65 at least, they should have to go on out to the cow pasture.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
You know I'll probably get ragged on for saying this, but shouldn't there be some kind of limit on bands just keeping on going forever? I mean, c'mon man, fashions come and go, something is all the rage today, then fades away but with musicians we're supposed to keep supporting them until they die? The never retire, only threaten to. Should be like in the working world, when they get 65 at least, they should have to go on out to the cow pasture.
Supporting Ageism when you are o a f is a curious stance.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Supporting Ageism when you are o a f is a curious stance.
Au contraire mon fraire, I practice what I preach. There comes a time when no matter how talented you may have once been, it's time to just simply quit. Though I don't speak of it, I had my triumphs in playing and singing in front of people, but those days are gone for good, just like my 280 yard golf drives never to return.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Au contraire mon fraire, I practice what I preach. There comes a time when no matter how talented you may have once been, it's time to just simply quit. Though I don't speak of it, I had my triumphs in playing and singing in front of people, but those days are gone for good, just like my 280 yard golf drives never to return.

I'm just guessing, but, like me, you are probably a fan of choosing for yourself and deciding what you want to do and then doing that without some do gooder or smarty pants directing you as to what the rules are... but, maybe I'm wrong.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
My reference to golf is real. When I look at how much less distance I hit shots now than I once did, I KNOW my skills have depleted. When people play music, often they can't see how badly they are compared to their younger selves, but their audience sees, and hears the difference. Compassion not talent keeps them on the road.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I'm just guessing, but, like me, you are probably a fan of choosing for yourself and deciding what you want to do and then doing that without some do gooder or smarty pants directing you as to what the rules are... but, maybe I'm wrong.

While that is true, I employ that same mechanism on choosing who I listen to or watch also. ;)