DC voltage booster

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by czech-one-2, May 7, 2015.

1. czech-one-2

czech-one-2 Friend of Leo's

I just thought I would share something that has been a cool discovery for me.
    If you have an effect on your board that requires its own adapter due to its higher voltage requirements [in my case a 24v Mu-Tron III +] then this little voltage booster is the solution.All you do is add in and out DC jacks and you can dial in any voltage you need. I put mine in a 1590A enclosure and mounted it below my pedalboard. I'm not sure why anyone using an adapter wouldnt give this a try. Its adding no additional noise to my rig and my Mu Tron sounds better at 24v. Any body else use one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291342854195?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Attached Files:

• $_35.JPG
      $_35.JPG
      File size:
      15.9 KB
      Views:
  2. RyanJH

RyanJH Tele-Meister

I use something similar...a tiny 1-1/4" x 1/2" pcb with 3 caps, 2 diodes and an LT1054. I use it to get 18V power to some of my pedals. It can take up to 15V, so you can get up to 30V out of it. Pretty useful.

-Ryan

3. czech-one-2

Lots of folks run out and buy a new pedalboard power supply when they have to power an odd ball pedal. This is ALOT cheaper!

4. RyanJH

RyanJH Tele-Meister

Did you actually measure the 6A output? Or are you just going by the spec? The spec indicates 0-4A in and 0-4A out. To me, that doesn't indicate that it'll boost the amperage; only that it can take in and output up to 4A, depending on the input amperage.

-Ryan

Edit: I see you've removed that portion of your reply?

5. czech-one-2

Yeah, I deleated that immediately. I think the milliamps are the same as what you put into it? If it boosted MA it would truly be a must have.
    As it is you can just dial in any voltage you may need.Perfect for my 24v pedal.
    I wonder if somebody makes something similar that also boosts ma capacity?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.