Dazatronyx?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Dobbin, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Dobbin

Dobbin TDPRI Member

Anyone have experience with Dazatronyx? I hadn't heard of the brand until I recently started coming across reviews of a few of his tremolos. There isn't much our there outside of some Aussie reviews. The art itself is almost reason to try one.

2. richiek65

richiek65 Poster Extraordinaire

I borrowed one of their tremolo pedals a few years ago, it was ok but I didn't keep it long. I ended up with a VFE Old School. Sorry I haven't got anything more to share!

Dobbin likes this.
  3. arlum

arlum Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

I own and have on my stereo pedal board a gray version Dazatronyx Stereo Panning Optical Tremolo. I think it's a wonderful effect for a stereo rig but wouldn't use it on one of my mono boards. A very high quality of build and easy to use. I leave mine in the panning mode at it's slowest speed. The way the pulses rise and fall gives a huge spatial quality to the setup. It gives each of the two amps in the rig a Leslie vibe. It's not like ping pong. It's very smooth as one amp rises and the other falls.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    Dobbin and richiek65 like this.
  4. Dobbin

Dobbin TDPRI Member

I guess that's it? I suppose that's my answer, not along of experience with them around here.

I wonder if they've just been lost in the crowd with the added hindrance of being so far from the US marketplace. They're pretty scarce in the usual buy/sell places that skew North America, as this forum does as well.

5. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

Oh my, a brand of fuzz I don’t have. Let’s go. Listening to a demo now.
    And I open up Reverb and this guy, this HERO invents a dual Rat that cannot be turned off!! That is my kind of guy. Thanks.

richiek65 and Dobbin like this.
  6. Dobbin

Dobbin TDPRI Member

Yeah, except there are almost none for sale on Reverb and none on the Bay (not counting international).

7. sanfi4u

sanfi4u Tele-Meister

Dazatronyx is a builder from Australia that operates since 2004. They've managed to design the convincing line of high quality guitar pedals. I own Tsuchi Fuzz, Class A Germanium Amplifier and Stereo Panning Optical Tremolo and more than happy with these pedals.
    Moreover, Darron is a very nice guy. Contacting him was always an absolute pleasure. Highly recommended builder!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    High Head Brad and Dobbin like this.
  8. Dobbin

Dobbin TDPRI Member

I am reading he is proud of his optical tremolo circuit. Has anyone ever seen inside one to see what might differentiate it from other optical trems?

9. sanfi4u

sanfi4u Tele-Meister

Dazatronyx Optical Tremolo was released in April 2015. The controls are: Rate, Depth, Boost (Volume), Waveform toggle switch (sine/square). It's a high quality build that worth the price ($157) imho.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's how it sounds:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  10. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Afflicted

That's a pretty pedal, inside and out!

11. High Head Brad

High Head Brad Tele-Meister

I've had a few Dazatronyx pedals and they've always been very good. His Class A germanium booster is a great rangemaster style pedal in particular

sanfi4u likes this.
  12. akuster777

akuster777 TDPRI Member

I got a Rad Distortion, an expanded Rat clone. It's excellent. One of m favorite pedals.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.