1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Davy Knowles

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Drubbing, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Drubbing

Drubbing Friend of Leo's

Love this guy. I listen to a lot of blues/rock, and while not a student, I think this guy has something; love the playing, and a great voice.

He was born in the Isle of Man. Liverpool on one coast, Ireland on the other. Grew up drenched in blues and Rory Gallagher. Has been touring constantly since he was 18. He's always doing a club somewhere in the US.

His early vids has him playing strats. Then he got a PRS deal, but recently he's been playing all manner of battered Teles. Believe it or not, yank amigos, CSNY were not that big outside of the USA, so I never even heard of this tune til Davy did it. Having heard the original, I reckon he does it good. About 21 years old in the first vid.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

I have a couple Back Door Slam CD's. First one was excellent, second one was just ok. Lost track of him after that.

3. Drubbing

Drubbing Friend of Leo's

Some good stuff on CD, but live is where he shines IMO

4. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I like what I've heard. I was sorry he broke up "Back Door Slam." I think some people were telling him he could be a big star if he went solo and it didn't happen. I hope he continues to grow and play here in the US again. I think he was at a local blues fest a year or so ago.

5. Drubbing

Drubbing Friend of Leo's

He's ALWAYS in the US. He's touring there most of the summer.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.