Dave Grohl -- The Storyteller

Big_Bend

Poster Extraordinaire
My older son gave me for Christmas the new Dave Grohl book The Storyteller.

411HQ41zYDL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I started reading it today, can't put it down, about 1/4th thru now. This book is wonderful!

Dave is such a cool down to earth guy, and the stories I've read so far are so joyous.

Like the first time Dave played drums on a stage, how his mom and him would go to a jazz club that had an open mic, and Dave was like 13 and his mom said "Its my birthday please go play for me".

And Dave's first high school girlfriend Sandy.

And about the time in 2011 when Dave fell off a stadium stage and shattered his leg and ankle but "the show must go on" and finished the concert in a chair with a medical doctor holding his foot together.

And how one of Dave's daughters when she was 8 y/o asking her daddy to teach her how to play drums.

Much more... I'll be consuming this book quickly, highly recommended!

This is not an autobiography, its stories... Dave is amazing.

When I finish it, I'm next going to have to read his mother's book "From Cradle to Stage", I bet it is also wonderful.

Anyway just thought I'd give my $0.02 worth... Here is a recent interview where Dave talks about the book and more.

Enjoy!

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
I almost bought it a few weeks back, I guess I should have. I bought Eruption: Conversations with Eddie Van Halen instead, which has been pretty good but I need to finish it.

green_henry

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
If you subscribe to other forums or watch Dave's youtube videos, you are probably familiar with many of these stories, but it's still a great read. You don't have to like the Foo Fighters (or Nirvana) to enjoy his stories about touring and/or interacting with other music legends. I really enjoyed his stories about touring in Europe; sadly, those types of stories are less likely in the current Covid environment.

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted

I started reading it today, can't put it down, about 1/4th thru now. This book is wonderful!

Dave is such a cool down to earth guy, and the stories I've read so far are so joyous.

Like the first time Dave played drums on a stage, how his mom and him would go to a jazz club that had an open mic, and Dave was like 13 and his mom said "Its my birthday please go play for me".

And about the time in 2011 when Dave fell off a stadium stage and shattered his leg and ankle but "the show must go on" and finished the concert in a chair with a medical doctor holding his foot together.

And how one of Dave's daughters when she was 8 y/o asking her daddy to teach her how to play drums.

When I finish it, I'm next going to have to read his mother's book "From Cradle to Stage", I bet it is also wonderful.

Anyway just thought I'd give my $0.02 worth... Here is a recent interview where Dave talks about the book and more.

Enjoy!
very nice gift..enjoy

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Dave's Hanukkah music bits (last year and this year) impressed and touched me.
He seemed to be having a good time.
I'll probably read the book, but the queue is about 6 or 7 deep right now.
Peace - Deeve

HoodieMcFoodie

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I might be inclined to give this a read. Autobiographies usually disappoint me as they (to me) reveal the subject to be massively flawed individuals or precocious twats.

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I might be inclined to give this a read. Autobiographies usually disappoint me as they (to me) reveal the subject to be massively flawed individuals or precocious twats.
Ah, then read Me, by Sir Elton John, Rod, by Rod Stewart, and Face It, by Debbie Harry.
Each one is flawed and acknowledges it at times. [email protected] is subjective - ymmv
Peace -Deeve

Burlington Dave

Friend of Leo's

Enjoy!
I listened to the audiobook that Dave narrates. It’s fantastic!