1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Dave Clark Five: Greatest Hits album:

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chet, May 16, 2009.

1. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    By "Rubbing Alcohol" I guess you are really referring to Isopropyl Alcohol. Real Rubbing Alcohol has oils included for rubbing on skin. It was used for massages. Isopropyl is called Rubbing Alcohol a lot of times.

Isopropyl Alcohol loses the Lanolin/Oils, but contains fragrance and it dries out the vinyl. Though the fragrance isn't much of a problem at all. It's added to keep people from drinking the stuff.

The biggest problem is that it makes vinyl brittle over time. Even when diluted. All commercially available record cleaner solutions have discontinued using any alcohol in their solutions.

Diaper cloth seems to have been replaced with microfiber cloths in recent years due to their lack of lint for manual drying.

2. jguitarman

jguitarman Tele-Afflicted

It's funny that the DC5 came up here for discussion.

Just about two weeks ago I downloaded a Greatest Hits album of theirs on iTunes. Man I still love those songs now as much as I did when they first came out. I seem to recall that the keyboard player passed away not too long ago.

3. Tidepoolbay

Tidepoolbay Friend of Leo's

From what I understand Dave Clark owns the rights to The Dave Clark 5.
    The last collection came out in 1996. Currently no music is being published.

I have a bunch of thier music.
    Let me know if you are interested.
    I have a Blog, Telecasterroad.blogspot.com.

4. tazzboy

tazzboy Former Member

Bits and Pieces

5. FirstBassman

FirstBassman Friend of Leo's

Yeah, I didn't bother to get into any of the details.

But yes, like in a lot of other situations, a re-issue of DC5 material is partly hung up on the old demons of 'rights' and 'ownership.'

If they were smart, they would have resolved all this in time for their induction last year into the R&RHoF so they could have cashed in on the publicity.

6. chet

chet Banned

I wish they would resolve whatever. I noticed last night that some of the recordings are pretty ragged and made me think that my stereo wasn't working right.
    Parts of the songs were "cutting out" etc.

7. chet

chet Banned

Hey, I just got a mono copy of this album that's in pretty good condition. Sounds great! :D

8. chet

chet Banned

That video doesn't do them justice with that "Freddie And The Dreamers" type corny dancing by the guitar players.

They're so awesome that all they had to do was stand there. Only bands then that could touch them then were the Beatles, Kinks and Stones for all-out rock and roll.

9. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Same here. We rehearsed 2-3 of these songs, but never played them out. I couldn't play sax and Farfisa at the same time. :^)

If this is the Greatest Hits I had, ya'll will recognize the chosen songs at once - These guys really came and went quickly there. I think their target audience was 5 years older than us, the types who got married young or something.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.