1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Dating a Framus Acoustic

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by RunPickle, Aug 9, 2014.

1. RunPickle

RunPickle TDPRI Member

She seems really nice but her parents don't like me and.... I'm kidding. My good friend has a Framus acoustic that was his grandfathers and knows nothing about it. I looked into dating it and Framus has dating info on their site, but the markings don't match up... Anyone know enough to help me out?

2. Lowbassnotes

Lowbassnotes Friend of Leo's

What's the bridge look like, photos would help.

3. RunPickle

RunPickle TDPRI Member

Like an idiot I only photographed the card inside when I was at his house, but he's sending me pics in the morning. It has a trapeze tailpiece, but I can't remember the actual bridge.

Attached Files:

4. ItchyFingers

ItchyFingers Tele-Afflicted

I would try contacting Framus directly.
    I had a Framus in the seventies. My sister gave it to me and has it back now.
    I have never even been able to find a picture of another like it or or information on it but I know she bought it in the late sixties. It can be very hard to find information on old Framus guitars for sure. What a wonderful instrument though. I want it back so bad.
    The neck is bowed and the top is cracking and she doesn't know what to do and I am so afraid she will ruin it trying. I need to stop thinking about it. It is half a continent away and it is driving me nuts. She had a very major heart attack Thursday and is recovering somewhat so far. It makes the guitar issue seem small indeed. We had stopped talking over it. I told her yesterday that I loved her. Still pssst, I'd love that guitar back. She can't play any more due to a woggly thumb but it was her first guitar and well. mine too pretty much. My first decent one anyway.
    Framus has made some fine guitars.

5. MrTwang

MrTwang Friend of Leo's

6. RunPickle

RunPickle TDPRI Member

Awesome! Thanks for the help guys!

7. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

I had a nice Framus acoustic in the 70s. I loved it, but had to sell it to pay rent (poor university student). The person I sold it to still has it, and still plays it. I really loved that guitar. It would be great to have it back, but alas, there are two people who love it - me and her - and she has it. Ah well...

Framus made good instruments then, and apparently are doing so again. Now I just can't afford them.

8. J. Hayes

J. Hayes Friend of Leo's

I bought a Framus natural finish F-hole archtop acoustic when I went to Germany in 1959 which was a very nice and elaborate and inlayed instrument... I sold it to another GI when I left and I've always wished I'd brought it back to the states with me. I did however bring a Framus "Hollywood" les Paul style guitar back with me. It was a very nice little guitar with single coils and a flat top and back. I think Framus is a very good quality instrument company. I played one of their pedal steels in St. Louis one year at the ISGC and it also was well made but high priced...JH in Va.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.